What's new

Freddy mask (1 Viewer)

Colton

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine in California is working hard to create a Freddy Kruger mask.

Here's what he has to say about it:

What do you guys think?

- Colton

James T

Screenwriter
Tell your friend to sign up and post the pics here
http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/

There's a few Freddy fans that will help him out (they're pretty anal about details).

Tell your friend to use Silicone for his mask. It'll be a bit more expensive, but the results will be amazing.
http://www.xtremedesignfx.com/fredmovie1.mov

Sculpting is tough. Sculpting exact likeness of humans is even more tough. Your friend, despite what he says himself, is an artist.

TheMagnificentVoid

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Scaringe
I didn't realize Shawn had ever posted those pics of my sculpture until recently.

Thought you guys might want an update. I haven't had NEARLY enough time to work in this over the past three years (work work work) but it's about 80% done now. It's come along way since the "Picard" days. Since those old pics I've totally reshaped the head and face to more closely match Robert Englund's profile. Unlike the sequel Kruegers, the look of Freddy in the first film was more "Robert-in-prosthetic-make-up" looking. I had to try and capture that.

This will eventually be sold as a mask, display bust with glass eyes and also a vinyl model kit to paint yourself. Tentative plans for a silicone mask are being considered as well.

Hope you enjoy the progress. :)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Pretty cool! I have a cheap drugstore Freddy mask that I've used in a Halloween display, it obviously has nowhere near the level of detail and realism of your mask!

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I wonder if you could make it a two-piece mask with foam-latex for the facial parts. Foam latex adheres to the face and moves with your own face for much more realism. Let the skull covering be regular latex.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Hey, Joe!

Yeah, I couldn't help bragging about your work! How's the TREEHOUSE poster? (Just sold another print today!) Did you ever sell your life-sized Pumpkinhead?

- Colton

TheMagnificentVoid

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Scaringe
Colton, you got a PM, buddy. . .

To the other responses. Thank you for the compliments. :)

It took me a loooooong time to collect enough reference pictures - both movie and behind the scenes - to do this kind of accurate Part 1 Freddy. If anyone disagrees it may be a matter of looking up some movie stills of Freddy from the first Nightmare film (try Google Images or something) to compare with and you will see the degree of accuracy I have achieved. Not only in it looking like Robert Englund in his part 1 make up but also the prosthetics themselves. It's not perfect down to the last tool stroke that David Miller originally sculpted. But no mask from an original sculpture ever will be. Of any character.

When available as a mask a silicone mask will be one option for sale. It hugs the face and will act like it's part of your own so there's no need to get multi-layered about producing it. I've seen these 1-piece silicone masks in action and they are unbelievable. Your cheeks, eyebrows, mouth -everything moves like it's your own face. They ARE expensive however.

Kindest,
Joe S.

Twistedboy1088

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony Matos
WOW! This is the best mask of freddy I've seen.. I am trying everything possible, to go as the look of the first movie... I'm gonna get a great stripe-less sweater just like the 1st from someone, as well as the glove, and fedora from another.... So, how far have you got with this project? Any silicone version of this available? I WILL buy the silicone version on this! :) :)

Twistedboy1088

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony Matos
That two piece-foam latex idea is interesting... I think it would be cool for you to somehow create the look with some of the burned skin hanging down on the bottom right half of his face, like u see in the movie.. :)

But again, I would certainly buy a fully painted, silicone, part 1 version... Haven't seen one yet.. So when u r done, I hope u come back to this forum soon and read this... hehe!

TheMagnificentVoid

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Scaringe
update for those interested:

Hello everyone! =)

Please go to my website http://www.deadheadincorpserated.com/

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] so I can put you on the mailing list for any further updates on 'Dream Creeper'.

Again, thank you for the continued interest. We're almost there.

Kindest regards,

Joe S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks