Freaks & Geeks 8 DVD Yearbook $49.99!! at Fry's

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Kyle McKnight, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

This is obviously a misprice. I wasn't even aware that these were going to be sold in stores. I went by Fry's to pick up some things, and get X2 on DVD for $9.99....well, I saw the Freaks & Geeks regular box sets for $49.99, looked at it, and continued scanning down the isle. I saw another copy of the regular box set sitting in front of a green book. I thought the F&G was out of place, but noticed the sticker on the book said Freaks and Geeks on it too....sure enough, it's the yearbook edition. They had 2 of them. I bought them both and am selling the 2nd on Ebay...so basically I got my copy for free.

Check you local Fry's. When they scanned the bar code on the back of the shrink-wrap, they rang up in the computer as $49.99, so it's not that they had put the wrong sticker on the front of them.

This is some very cool packaging...

http://mindwarp.us/pics/F&G.jpg

2. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Wow, I didn't even know these were being sold at retail.

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    As one of many who paid $120 for what I assumed was an online exclusive, I am mightily pissed. [​IMG]

4. Seven Araujo

Seven Araujo Stunt Coordinator

lmao if anyone would be nice enough to pick meup a copy i could paypal them =D

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Sounds like you got exceptionally lucky, Kyle. No sign of the LE at my local Fry's, just four regular editions.