1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

freaks and geeks on dvd would make my day

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sam E. Torres, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

i absolutely loved this show. it only has one season, if only there was someone out there who'd just release the only season of this underrated show, it would just be spectacular. i dont even care that if it doesn't have commentaries...just the episodes themselves on some nice shiny discs would be fine and dandy. please, whoever has the rights, make a little boy's wish come true... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    [email protected]

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    According to

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    For some reason, I can't edit my previous message. Mods, please delete. Kids, don't forget a quotation mark when typing an HTML link! Anyway, here's how it was supposed to look:
    According to this site:
    Don't know how reliable that is, but I do know the show has a cult following. Unless music rights become a problem, this is a shoo-in for DVD.
    [Edited last by Greg_S_H on October 15, 2001 at 11:57 PM]

4. PienSavaca

PienSavaca Stunt Coordinator

Remember... when F&G was cancelled on NBC, there was talk about showing the unaired episodes on the web.... until the music rights became an issue.
    So be sure to knock on Rhino's door and say "no music substitutions please".
    I watched the complete run on Fox Family, but I have to concede that the show SUCKED. But from the ashes, we got "Undeclared".... which is a much stronger show.
    ------------------
    "I got kissed... and, and, and I shoplifted."

5. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

6. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

7. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

this show has now been taken out of the fox family channel(because now it is abc family)...i have no way of watching this fine tv series, and i can't think of a better time to release it on dvd.

8. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Fox Family stopped airing the series quite some time before the buy-out. According to Judd Apatow, the rights to air Freaks and Geeks carried over to ABC Family, and he's still working on getting F&G on DVD with as much of the music intact as possible. He posts on occasion to the message board at http://www.undeclaredonline.com/