Frasier - Series Finale 5/13/04

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Reaction score
The Frasier Series Finale will be on tonight at 8:55 PM. There will be a recap show starting at 8:00 PM. Im actualy surprised there are no threads about the finale here. Anyone else watching the Series Finale tonight?.

-Mike

Malcolm R

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Malcolm
I am!

Craig S

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Craig Seanor
And so Frasier has left the building.

I thought it was a good finale. The first half was classic "Frasier" farce; the second half an understated end to one chapter in these characters' lifes, and a new beginning as well. I liked that the ending left us a little up in the air as to what would happen next - as they say, the possibilities are endless.

And one final salute to a superb ensemble cast which stayed intact for 11 years. I believe that's a sitcom record.

Clint B

Second Unit
Reaction score
It was an OK episode. Not terrible, but I've certainly seen better episodes of the show. I do wish that they would've had more of a "payoff" for Frasier. He ended up in Chicago, but would his lady friend still be willing to have him? Granted, some mystery is nice, but I think I still wanted to see a payoff for Frasier.

Malcolm R

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Malcolm
Leave it to the Duke and Dutchess to save our behinds.

I thought it was very good. My favorite scenario, Frasier and Niles planning a needlessly complicated, pompous affair which goes horribly awry.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I proudly present Mr. and Mrs. Martin Crane! *BOOM!*

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
I enjoyed it too. Considering that the show started with his move from Boston, it makes sense to end the show with him moving on to somewhere new. The end scene in the plane was classy.

Glad to see on of the greats go out on a creative upswing.

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
So-so beginning, funny middle, tragi-comedy at the end, and then an open-ended last scene. Hmm...

I guess I should be glad I'll never have to suffer through seeing the Moon boys again. They didn't need to be on this finale.

Nelson Au

Executive Producer
Reaction score
I averted my attention for a second and missed what happen to Roz. What is she the boss of? Thanks!

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Forgot to catch the whole episode.

I almost thought the plane was going to crash for a second at the end. When they felt the bump and the woman says "What was that?" or something like that.

That would have been a very stange ending to the show.

Joseph Bolus

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Say what you will, but I thought the last Frasier was infinitely better than that lame Friends that was foisted on us last week.

This thing was genuinely funny throughout while still managing to provide some closure for the entire ensemble.

And the final scene? Perfect! Just when we think we all know what's going on, we don't! And just as instantly, the show's over!

Frasier has left the building! And we'll miss him!

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
I don't know, I enjoyed their bit.

Niles: I'm escaping. They were playing, "Let's see who can reach it from here." I'll give you a hint, the "it" was a toilet, and there were no winners...

Craig S

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Gotta go with Adam on this. The Moon brothers were a scream.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
Reaction score
I was hoping to see Lilith and Freddy again for one last time, other than that, A great ending!!

BTW- what did Niles and Daphane name their baby? David?

PhilipG

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
PhilipG
Terrific finale.
Had me laughing and crying in equal measure. I'm really going to miss the show. The "monkey moment" was superb. Harriet Samson Harris's fab character Bebe was back, and razor sharp as ever ("You're worse than the police"). I'm actually glad they opted for a more open ending. Oh yes, and the lady on the plane was gorgeous; somehow I don't think Frasier's going to regret moving to San Fran.

Robbie Coltrane was doing a Rab C Nesbitt, and was pretty much incomprehensible to anyone. Richard E Grant was horrifically mis-cast. And Anthony LaPaglia is The Worst Accent On Television(TM). At least the mother didn't turn up too.

Just a pity Dan Butler and Bebe Neuwirth couldn't make an appearance.

Marty M

Cinematographer
Reaction score

I don't remember anyone mentioning a name. I thought that was a little bit odd.

Tony Whalen

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Tony Whalen

That was awesome.

One of my favorite moments...

*Martin sits down in the leather chair*

"This isn't so bad. I coulda made do with this..."

The subsequent look on Fraiser's face was priceless.

Malcolm R

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Malcolm

I loved that too! Frasier's expressions to various revelations were one of the highlights of the series.

If they were to release a DVD of this finale, I'd buy it. But the "Friends" finale stays at the store.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlobalImages