What's new

Frasier and Roz ?!? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
from NBC.com:

I rembember a few old episodes that alluded to this romance. However, I don't think it's a smart choice. To me, it sounds like the producers are trying too hard for high ratings. Hopefully, the writer's impress as usual and pull this one off.

Anyone else care to comment?

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
This one was inevitable imo. We all knew it was going to happen. I'm with you though ... I hope the writers can pull it off!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Or it could be another NBC bait-and-switch. I never trust their advertising.

/Mike

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The TV commercial shows them in bed together with a Barry White song playing.

~T

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I remember commercials showing Niles and Daphne on dates or kissing or some such... years before they actually hooked up.

So, no, I don't ever trust the ads.

IMO, the show really went downhill after Niles & Daphne hooked up- not because of that, although that's part of it, but just the whole show (at least the few episodes I've seen this season; until this past week when I got my new satellite receiver/recorder, I sacrificed Frasier for 24).

So, either they will not hook up and it's another ad trick, or they will, and the finale will be some insane silliness with both the Frasier / Roz thing and the probable wedding between Niles and Daphne (are they engaged yet?)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I thought they put the whole Frasier/Roz thing to bed years ago (the episode where they shared a hotel room at a convention, I believe). But who knows what to expect - NBC's promo department lost all credibility with me in the 80s...

I'm pretty sure Niles & Daphne are engaged.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
NBC has flirted with the idea for years. I thought they would bring Roz into the fray when Frasier was trying to decide between two women last season.

IMO, a future episode that has a Niles/Daphne Frasier/Roz engagement/wedding will signal the "jump the shark" episode for Frasier!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
IMO, the show "jumped the shark" when Niles & Daphne hooked up.

Well, the episode aired, and of course absolutely nothing at all happened between them. The "tender moment" shown in the promo was just Frasier being a friend to her.

The only amusing part of the ep was the Niles/Daphne/Father thing with building that table.

mike martin

Stunt Coordinator
Pardon my ignorance; but "Jump the Shark" episode? Does this have something to do with Happy Days and Fonnzy doing some crazy ski jump thing? If so; what particular significance does this episode hold? Does it mean that it's the episode that signals the end of any decent ideas?

Frasier writers: "Well, what do we do now?" "How about we have Frasier jump a shark" "No, lets just hook him up with Roz."

mike martin

Stunt Coordinator
Adam:

Thanks for the link. An interesting sight. After taking a cursary glance throught it found it interesting how people find some "jump the shark" episodes which are my favorites.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I taped this "Frasier" and watched it last night. As I suspected, the promo was totally misleading. It's rather insulting that they keep doing this, don't you think?

Other than that, it was an OK episode.

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
Did anybody catch the "Jump the Shark" rehash in "That '70s' show last night. They had Fez actually do a dream sequence where he did the ski jump! It was great, He even had on a Fonzie leather jacket. The best part was the line Danny Masterson (Hyde) said after the dream sequence was over. Something like "That was the worst moment in televison history." It was hard to tell if he was talking about the original Happy Days episode or the fact that they had just relived it on That '70s show.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Frasier is still incredibly popular with critics in the UK (if not the general public - it's pretty much a minority taste over here). The way they carry on, you'd think that Shakespeare and Marlowe had been revived and were doing the script writing.

My personal view is that there are about four basic plots to Frasier, all of them revolving around Frasier and Nile's pomposity/snobbery being pricked in some way. If you find this side-splittingly hilarious, then you'll love the show. I'm personally amazed that, given such a limited premise, the show has lasted as long as it has. Please don't misread this - I don't *hate* Frasier, and if I've nothing else to do, I'll watch it (but equally, I'll watch the shopping channels).

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
okay I finally watched the show tonight. As usual, the advertising was misleading. However, I think Frasier initiated the future hanky panky by outreaching to Roz when she was blue. As mentioned before, next week's ad shows the two in bed. I can't wait to see how that one unfolds!
If you guys think Frasier jumped the shark, look again. How long could Niles's crush possibly last before Daphne found out!? I think it would have been beat to death by this time. Perhaps I am enthused about Niles and Daphne because my girlfriend had a long-lasting crush on me; I resisted for a very long time, but now the rest is history.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks