Frasier and Cheers S8: June 13th!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Wezzo, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Wezzo

Wezzo Second Unit

2. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

One thing I hate is why they couldn't settle for a CBS/Paramount logo or just a CBS logo - we really don't need two instrusive logo's (CBS' is huge).

Other than that a nice cover art.

3. Terry H

Terry H Second Unit

Frasier... I own all the sets released so far but it was at the beginning of this season I quit watching. Do I remember wrongly or did the show suddenly lose all the wit and charm of previous seasons?
    I have never see most of this season so I'm asking for opinions. Do you think this season is worth buying or should I be happy to let them drive off into the sunset?

4. Wezzo

Wezzo Second Unit

Terry,

I'd argue it's worth buying S8-10, if only to bridge the gap and story arc to the excellent final season (which is already out, if you don't have it). S8-10 are weaker (S8 particularly) but there are a few gems in there too; I'll certainly be picking them up.

5. Nick_TV

Nick_TV Stunt Coordinator

I find it interesting that Paramount has gone back to the original cover art format for Cheers. I wonder why. Although, I like it much better than the stripe cover art of seasons 6 & 7. Finally, Lilth made it to the cover!

With the fact that these are coming in June, I wonder if they abandoned the goal to get 4 seasons released this year for Cheers. Hopefully, the extra time means they've decided on putting extras on the sets. Especially with the 200th episode celebration episodes coming in season 9 of Cheers.

6. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I don't expect any extras at all on these sets. I've given up hope on that. Mostly I'm glad to see that both of these long-running shows will likely finish up their runs on DVD, rather than being abandoned like so many other shows. Then we can look forward to the complete collection box sets and, of course the themed releases based on the most popular characters. "Best Of Frasier", "Best Of Sam", etc.

7. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

I wonder why they didn't pair these with Wings S1/S2? I was told they would...guess not. Maybe later this year for other seasons, I guess.

8. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

I still need to start on both shows, Cheers in particular. I might as well wait until the end of the year and see if they have a deal on all 11 seasons.

9. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I'm only collecting 'Frasier' at the moment but intend to start with 'Cheers' eventually. I'm hoping maybe we'll see a price reduction on some of them in the forseeable future.