What's new

Frasier and Cheers – Sitcom Recommendation! (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
He is not happy that season 4 only has 23 episodes. I told him maybe cause 1 of the episodes is an hour long.
Correct. "Three Dates and a Breakup" was originally broadcast as a one-hour episode as presented on the DVD. It was edited into two parts for syndication.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
He is not happy that season 4 only has 23 episodes.
That's 23 damn hilarious epidodes though.;)

"Mixed Doubles" is one of my favorites in Season 4. When Martin gets the phone call from Duke and says "I can't talk right now....I'm in the Twilight Zone!" I about spit up my drink.

"Whatever you do Niles, do not engage him in a physical confrontation...it would just be TOO WIEEEEERD!" :laugh: :laugh:

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Sam,

Daphne and Niles don't elope until the end of Season 7. Niles still has to marry Meredith and Daphne still needs to get engaged to Donny. Alot of stuff left before those two finally get together.

Richie C.

Stunt Coordinator
In addition to the poor quality of the first episode of Cheers Season Four, there's another really irritating problem I've discovered. So far, on 2 episodes, halfway through the episode, the next scene suddenly reverts back to the previous episode. It happened once on Disc 2 and I thought I was losing my mind, and then it happened again on Disc 3 on another episode. Has anyone else watched enough episodes to catch this?

Bill R.

Auditioning
The first episode definitely has an inferior transfer compared to the rest of the set. I was shocked when the image first hit my screen, since I was so pleased with the transfers of the previous three sets. It's almost as if Paramount didn't bother to re-master the first episode.
I gotta jump here and say that I completely agree with you. At the TV station where I work, we air CHEERS, and obtained the most recently "re-mastered" versions from Paramount. As I was going through them, they all looked good, with consistent quality -- then I got the first episode of Season 4 (#70) and I about fell out of my chair. WOW, that's ugly.

At first I thought that we had accidently been sent one of the old versions, so I had our tape library guy get another copy -- it was however, exactly the same. In looking at it, it appears as though the show OPEN is new, and as I recall, the END CREDITS looked fine as well, so this indeed must be the "new" master. But something definitely went wrong here as the body of the show is absolutely some old, old transfer. I'm sure there's a good story behind it, and if we could find the right person, we could hear it.

Anyway, I was anxiously awaiting the Season 4 DVD, as I figured there's no way they would release it like this -- but I was wrong.

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
I remember reading that the first episode of this season was deliberately shot at poor visual quality to reflect the loss of Coach/Nick Colasanto.

The season 4 set is fine. Thats how it should look. It was the only ep to not get remastered.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Got Frasier and Cheers season 5 today and watched the first episode of Frasier. What a great episode. It again reminded me why Frasier is one of the best. It’s where he is actually dating a supermodel but everyone feels sorry for him thinking he is imagining things! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks