What's new

Frank's Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys (and gals),

I read posts here fairly often, but don't post all that much. I have learned a ton off this site and I wanted to share what I have done with everyone. Let me know what you think. I am mostly finished with my theater. As you can see by the pics, I still need to do some trim around the windows, crown moulding, and on the risers.

Specs & hardware...
6.1 Yamaha reciever & DVD player
SV Subwoofer 20-39PCi
Paradigm Monitor 7's
Paradigm CC-370
Paradigm ADP-370
Pronto TSU-2000
Infocus 4805 projector
Theater seats are from my home town theater. They are old, steel, and recline. I had them powdercoated and recovered them myself. I got them for $5 each.

Enjoy...

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks.

The center speaker is actually sitting on a old military ammo box. The speaker is black and doesn't show up well in the picture. The center speaker has the same size footprint as the ammo box. The top of the speaker basically lines up with the bottom of the screen when you are looking at it from the couch. I don't have the speaker angled. It is pretty much aimed at my knees. I'll have to fix that =). I have been looking for a nice center speaker stand. The ones in your link are very nice. It is just what I want. My only concern is how long the speaker would stay on there with my 2 year old running around it. May have to get one and try it.

Thanks

Frank

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Very cool Frank. :) Looks like a fun place to hang out and watch some movies!
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

joseph westcott

Second Unit
Congratulations!

I am jealous. I would love to of had a dedicated space like yours.

Did you get a good deal on the commercial theater seats?

Enjoy!

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I got a pretty good deal on the seats. I got twelve of them for $5 each. The cool part is they are from my home town theater. Besides the ones I bought and two others, all the other seats in the theater were scraped for new ones. So it's kinda cool to have the last few remaining seats from the old theater. I put a lot of work into them to get them nice. I paid $5 a seat but have about $55 in each one now. Here are some before and after pics...

joseph westcott

Second Unit
Wow!

Now I am even more impressed. They really were in bad shape when you got them. You probably could have started your own rubber factory by the time you got finished with the bottom of the seats. Great job bringing them back up to speed.

And how do you put a price on nostalgia? Makes you want to call your attorney and get them in your will for your kids asap.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Ha ha, Out of all the items in the theater, they are the only ones I can't easily replace. They will be around for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks