What's new

Frankenstein & Monster From Hell is cut version (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
DVD Drive-In has a review up for the disc. Fans have speculated and held their breath about the cut of the film. Not surprisingly, it is the censored US cut.

Typical Paramount. The commentary is nice, but I'd trade off for the complete print instead. Purchase of this item is being seriously reconsidered.

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/e...sterhell74.htm

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I don't recall Paramount ever saying it was going to be anything other than the original USA R-rated version. While it would be nice to have those extra few seconds of gore, it's not making me reconsider the purchase at all. It's not like it's the TV version that first came out on VHS so long ago.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
I can't believe how cheap this disc is... I just ordered it for less than $6 shipped!!! Sure its a bummer that the uncut version isn't available, at this price it is hard to pass up.

I'm really loving the dirt-cheap Paramount horror releases lately. It's unbelievable that I have OAR DVDs of The Tenant, Targets, Captain Kronos and Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell all for under $24 total! Three of them even have commentaries.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I know the cuts are very minor (and in this case I would sooner have the commentary), but the R2 disc apparently now features the uncut version after a reissue according to Zeta Minor

The first pressing of this disc was cut and had a fault in the widescreen switching software encoding; all that has been rectified now.

---
So many films, so little time...

BruceKimmel

Stunt Coordinator
"Typical Paramount" It is these sorts of comments that annoy me the most. What does it mean? Paramount hasn't done beautiful transfers? Most of what I've seen come out of Paramount has been top-notch, bare-bones, yes, but I don't care if the transfers are stunning, and with Paramount that is the usual not the UNususal. But please do explain what you mean by "typical Paramount". They released the version which they have the RIGHTS to. But someone always complains about something - it's the Internet way. Even at eight bucks. Reconsider your purchase, yes. Typical Paramount is shaking in its typical boots, I have no doubt.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I know the cuts are very minor (and in this case I would sooner have the commentary), but the R2 disc apparently now features the uncut version after a reissue according to Zeta Minor
I should add a note to the effect that no-one I know has actually seen a copy of the second (fixed) edition yet, despite assurances from the company's manager that corrected copies have been distributed.

As soon as the fixed version appears I'll add a guide to how someone could tell the two versions apart, since apparently the packaging of both versions will be identical.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
"Typical Paramount" It is these sorts of comments that annoy me the most. What does it mean?
I would hazard a guess that Will means that Paramount have a track record for releasing R-rated horror instead of the unrated versions which would please the fans most. Whether Paramount has access to the unrated Hammers is another question. A few lost seconds of gore doesn't really bother me in light of reported good transfer, commentary track and nice low price. However the uncensored, original version would have been the icing on the cake. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks