What's new

Frankenstein JR. and the Impossibles (1 Viewer)

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Alright, I received my dvd set today. I love that these shows are being released but I must make a complaint. These menus are horrible! 1A 1B 1C 2A 2B..etc Are you kidding me? The old home made bootleg sets have much better menus. I am not supporting bootlegs, I am just saying these menus are about as cheap and careless as you could make them. It is not like WB is giving these away for free. They are costly and we are not getting what we paid for. Love the sets but someone at WB needs to look into this problem. I guess I will have to make yet another episode card so I can know what the episodes are and where they are.

Mr. Papagiorgio

Stunt Coordinator
If I were you, I'd probably put something on their facebook page about it. Maybe, something is wrong. I've bought three of their animated shows in the past and haven't seen menus that primitive.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The menu is indeed primitive. The show and discs otherwise look nice, but this takes menus to a new level of minimalism.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yep I was dissapointed in the menus of this otherwise fine release also. They seem to be all over the map with their menus. The recent release of Space Kidettes/Young Samson was nice because it offered the option of play each complete show or each individual episode which is how this release should have been done. Please Warner always give us the option to play the whole show. Having to press play after each cartoon of the show is really annoying.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Agreed on the menus… But, with a little effort, you can avoid the unnecessary trip back to the Main Menu after each individual cartoon.

When a cartoon ends – and the ending title card that says “A Hanna-Barbera Cartoon” is displayed – press your forward chapter skip, and you will be taken to the next cartoon!

You’ve gotta be fast and catch it in time, before the cartoon ends. This can be an annoyance in itself, but at least it works this way for MY player. Why don’t you all try it, and see if it works for you!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately it didn't work on my player so I still have to select each cartoon in the episode. Annoying so hopefully they won't do this again.

Originally Posted by Joe Tor1

Agreed on the menus… But, with a little effort, you can avoid the unnecessary trip back to the Main Menu after each individual cartoon.

When a cartoon ends – and the ending title card that says “A Hanna-Barbera Cartoon” is displayed – press your forward chapter skip, and you will be taken to the next cartoon!

You’ve gotta be fast and catch it in time, before the cartoon ends. This can be an annoyance in itself, but at least it works this way for MY player. Why don’t you all try it, and see if it works for you!

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Are the show openings and closings at least there? (I'm not gonna hold my breath on anything else, like any possible interstitials, though I assume the show had them like other Hanna-Barbera shows of the era.)

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
The show openings and closings are there – and, oddly, they are NOT always the same -- as they usually are on almost ALL other HB shows.

I’ve only watched the first 6 shows so far… but, on shows 3 and 6, the writing credits (…and ONLY the WRITING credits – the rest are identical) are reconfigured to give Michael Maltese a greater credit as the writer of The Impossibles. Eddie Brandt is also noted as the writer of Frankenstein Jr. in this alternate configuration, but not as prominently as is Maltese.

There are four credited writers for the show --and in the “other (standard) configuration”, Maltese is credited just like the others. Can’t imagine why this was done for certain shows and not every show – but there it is.

If ever a cartoon writer deserved a special credit, it was the great Michael Maltese.

I don’t recall if this series had interstitials (most of them did), but none are present in the shows I’ve seen so far.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Oh come on! What do you expect for $29.95?! Competent, comprehensive, even attractive menus as you can find on just about any public domain release at the 99 cents store? Get real.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
What you do get is all the episodes looking better than they've ever looked before which is the most important thing and main reason for buying them.

Originally Posted by Professor Echo

/forum/thread/311086/frankenstein-jr-and-the-impossibles#post_3809003

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
"Remember somewhere the sun is shining/So always look for the silver lining/And try to find...the sunny side of life."*

*From the 1929 film SALLY, now available for only $19.95 at the Warner Archive!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks