What's new

Frank Miller's Sin City Recut & Extended (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

That's sorta selfish, don't you think? That's a bad mentality for studios to have, they should be aiming to release all-encompassing editions of their films. I don't know if the featurette from the barebones "Sin City" DVD will be included but it was originally on the Best Buy promo DVD so those of us smart enough to avoid the original release aren't going to get the shaft.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Plenty of Criterion Collection 2-disc DVDs are MSRPed at $39.99. With Amazon's usual 30% off, it'll be $27.99. If they go over that, as they have latestly started to do (35% off, and in the 40s even), it will be even cheaper.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
This sounds pretty great!! I too already own the book, hell, I have the $150 hardcover achival edition sets on order, but don't mind getting it. I know alot of people that I can give it to. It looks to be a pretty deffinative release.

One thing I wouldn't mind not seeing is Rodriguez's cooking schools. It wasn't that interesting on OUATIM, I'm sure it's no better here. It just smacks of ego to me.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Harry Knowles did have a post last month about how the SE was NOT going to include the theatrical cut. I figured that he would be as likely as anyone to know something about DVDs relating to fellow Austin-ite Robert Rodriguez (I think RR's comments about an SE including both cuts were several months earlier, around the time of the theatrical release). But, this is yet another reason to NEVER trust ANYTHING that Knowles says, EVER.

Should be a sweet SE! :emoji_thumbsup:

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Personally, I'm not making a big deal about the GN being included. Considering MSRP was increased by $10 over a normal edition, and the rest, it is a pretty good deal.

Also, I only have "The Big Fat Kill", so adding this is a no brainer.

Jason

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Whew! I'm glad I resisted the temptation to buy instead of rent. I'm sure we'll get some folks in here complaining exclusively about double-dipping and studio greed, but in this case, we knew a super-duper version was coming. The inclusion of the comic--oops, graphic novel--is a plus for me, since mine were borrowed, permanently for all I know, a ways back.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

What's funny is that it's generally the actors who refer to it as a 'graphic novel' whereas I've only heard Frank Miller call it a 'comic book'. I guess Benicio Del Toro doesn't want anyone to think he's in a movie with capes and tights:)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just saw this for the first time last night and was very impressed. I meant to see it in the theater sbut never got to it.

The way I see it, I consider the money spent on the bare bones to be the same money I would have spent on tickets, freeing me from the guilt of the double dip! :D

Sounds very cool. Can't wait to see what's added into film. I'm glad the original cut is there, since it rocked as is.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I bought the first release blind, even though I knew a special edition was in the works. The movie blew me away, and I'll happily double dip. Can't wait!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

Count me as another who was unfamiliar with Mr. Miller's work. I'll be interested in comparing the GN with the film.

DustinPizarro

Stunt Coordinator
For those who are unfamiliar with Miller's works, there are many bookstores that have the trade paperbacks of some of his famous books:

The Dark Knight Returns
Ronin
Batman: Year One

And of course reprints of his early Daredevil stories.

Can't wait for December 13!!!

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I love Rodriguez's cooking schools. I actually learned to make Puerco Pibil from watching the one on Once Upon A Time In Mexico and have impressed family and friends, who have asked me to make it again many times.

Haden

Supporting Actor
This just makes me wish Miramax and Tarantino would stop procastinating on the promised special edition/extended cut of Kill Bill which we should have got on DVD by the end of this year too, but won't until sometime in 2006. Sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks