What's new

Framing movie posters (1 Viewer)

Jake Gove

Second Unit
For those that have movie posters in their theaters, how do you get them framed? Professionally, or do it yourself? If you do it yourself, where can one buy a 27 x 40 frame (of good quality).

I'm looking to have eight posters framed for my home theater room. I've already paid a lot to have a couple of autographed ones professionally framed. The others are just reprints of older posters that only cost me 13 dollars each. I want them all framed in black, but the framing places charge about 75 dollars for a basic movie poster framing job. I'm not willing to spend 500 dollars to frame all these cheap posters.

What have you done with your posters?

Whenever I put a poster in the one 27 X 40 frame I have, over time they get warped. Any framing tips?

Thanks

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
I get mine online at Hollywood Poster Frames Link Removed
They sell a few different types from economy to Archival. Their frames and options are top notch. :emoji_thumbsup:
Todd

NathanP

Supporting Actor
If you want a basic frame, that'll work nice with posters,

Just go to K-Mart or Walmart and buy one of those $8 things..

Thats what I do.

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
Nathan, have you seen 27 x 40 poster frames at Wal-Mart and K mart, or just the more common 24 x 36? I've never found the larger ones for movie posters in those stores, but I haven't looked lately. It would be nice if they have them.

Jake, Suncoast Motion Picture Co. (the mall video retailer chain) used to carry some decent 27 x 40 wood frames with plexiglass for $25. I don't know if they still have those, but I bought several from them for my posters earlier this year.

Good luck!

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
The subject of framing movie posters is one that has come up in the past on this forum. Below you will find links to 2 other threads that might be of some help. Check out all the sites listed in these threads...there are alot of options for you to frame movie posters in the way that you are wanting to. ShowOffDisplays and HollywoodPosterFrames seem to be the most accessible and most competative, but there are other options as well (do it yourself, some cheaper frames at Suncoast, etc.). Hope this helps...
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...+poster+frames
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...+poster+frames

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
Thanks, Nathan. Would you believe I just went to Wal-Mart in between these posts to get some stuff -- and I forgot to look for poster frames?! I need something to put my "Manchurian Candidate" and "Blood Simple" posters in... :)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
UK members - where do you buy your poster frames?
Specifically, I'm looking for 27"x41" frames with simple black or metalic borders.
Unfortunately, due to the fact that my movie posters are American, and British frame sizes are metric-based, I'm having no luck finding any suitable ready-made frames (largest heights seem to be 100cm, which is just under 41"!). And No I do not want to trim any of my posters!
Thanks for any help! :)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I finally ordered myself some posters from allposters.com - and now I have a question about the frames that Suncoast offers.
What are the 27X40 Poster Frames that Suncoast sells made of?
Wood
Metal
Platsic
Is it easy to load the posters into them? How do they load? From the back...or from the side?
Does the frame come apart? I hope not...
Thanks for any feedback and help! I hope to pick up 4 of them tomorrow - especially if they are made out of wood.
Here's the 4 posters I ordered:
003_raidersrrp_a.jpg

SHAWREM_a.JPG

SAVINGPR_a.JPG

SWAREPR_a.JPG

tommy_t

Grip
Hi Mike-
i was just at Suncoast checking out there posters,
the only ones they had were 19.99 and a Black Plastic like material,cardboard back for post changes...kinda flimsy:frowning:
im in the same boat as you,4 posters and looking for frames...
if you do go and get them,LMK what you think.
good luck-
tommy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks