What's new

Frailty DVD on Sept. 17th (1 Viewer)

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
This film also has a wonderful atmospheric 5.1 mix. The surrounds are very effectively used.

Plus, this is one of those films that solicits great conversations afterwards. Few things beat an enjoyable film that encourages deep conversations afterwards.

No question I'm picking this one up.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I watched this a couple of nights ago via Netflix.

Superb movie making as far as I am concerned! Very refreshing to watch a non-compromising movie that doesn't shy away from the dangerous and controversial message that it sends. Very good writing, and excellent acting.

Very highly recommended, and a definite purchase for me!

TomJD

Agent
Watched this film last night.A great,great film.Shows you what some great writing,a talented director and some great acting can achieve.Has one of the best twist(s) I can remember seeing.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I finally got around to watching my copy (that I've had since way prior to street date) this afternoon.
Just as I remembered. DVD Review to follow shortly :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I guess I am in the minority with you...(Minority Report? :D ) Fortunately, I had no predisposition going into this movie, as only one person I know saw it, and I rarely take his opinion regarding movies, especially ones of this nature.
Anyway, I thought it was a decent movie, certainly NOT one of the best of the year. I also figured it out right away, it was far too obvious in a number of instances, I mean, literally, it gave itself away within 15-20 minutes. Perhaps my "Willful suspension of disbelief" is not working or something.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
We all know that Fenton was a demon
but why didn't Bill Paxton's character feel anything when he touched him?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
He didn't feel anything when he touched Fenton, because he hadn't committed any sins yet

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I don't disagree with the statement that much of the film was predictable. I figured out almost all of the plot twists well in advance including the fact that the McConaughey character was actually Adam. After all, it is a given that anytime someone says they know who the killer is and knows where the bodies are, they are a prime suspect. This alone wouldnt tell me he was Adam, but I knew he probably wasn't what/who he was leading us to believe that he was.

However, this didn't really detract from the movie for me at all. It was still riveting. So despite not being blown away by the plot twists, it still worked quite well.

As far as leaving more ambiguity, I thought of that as well. However, to be honest, there have been so many movies that end with these huge ambiguities lately, that I thought it was refreshing to leave us with some concrete answers. And even though we have these answers, it still leaves the issue open as to what Adam and his father were doing was right. Sure the people they were killing were horrible people, but they were people, not demons (depending on your definition). So do they really have the right (morally, not legally) to take these people lives? Perhaps they could have changed, asked for repentance, etc?

The movie really works in every aspect in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks