Frailty DVD on Sept. 17th

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin_S, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I was checking out the DVD upcoming release list at Fangoria.com. and I saw that the best film so far of 2002, FRAILTY, was listed as being scheduled for release to DVD on September 17th. It doesn't say that it will be a special edition, but I hope that it turns out to be. This film is a new favorite of mine, and I would love to have some great extras such as a commentary!

2. BooneG

BooneG Stunt Coordinator

I too loved this movie and I hope to get a great dvd out of it.[​IMG]

3. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

Can't wait for this to come out.One of my favourites so far this year....

4. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    Great film. On the one hand, I hope Bill Paxton will do a commentary track, but on the other hand, this is one of those films that has to speak for itself.

5. David Lawrence

David Lawrence Stunt Coordinator

Sale. I've next-to-no chance of seeing this in the cinema sadly, so I'm really looking forward to the DVD. [​IMG]

6. Patrick Scott

Sweet!! It's looking like a painfully expensive September[​IMG]
    Scott

7. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

YES! I just saw on DVDFile that FRAILTY will indeed have some great extras! Here is the announcement:

Speaking of thrillers that bombed, Trimark will release Bill Paxton's directorial debut Frailty on 9/17. Despite raves from Paxton buddies like Stephen King and James Cameron, audiences stayed away from this one, but perhaps it will find a longer life on video? Presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and English 5.1 Dolby surround, extras include an audio commentary and video interview with Paxton, the original making-of featurette, the IFC "Anatomy of a Scene" special, a still galley, storyboards, and trailers. Retail is $26.95.

Seeing how I love this film greatly, I can't freakin' wait!

8. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

Very excited to hear news about this too, one of the better films out in 2002 IMHO.

9. Bill J

Bill J Producer

This will be the first DVD I purchase without seeing the film first. [​IMG]

10. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I can't wait to see this one since I missed it in the theaters.
    -Andre F

11. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor

This was just reported on DVD Review:

Frailty makes its way to DVD from Lions Gate

July 29, 2002

Bill Paxton has become an actor we all love to see. Lately he has been trying out his directorial legs for his thriller Frailty. The film which searched for years for a home has finally found one in Lions Gate Entertainment who will be releasing the DVD this fall.
    Set in present day Texas, “Frailty opens with the entrance of a stranger who walks into an FBI office looking for the detective investigating a serial killer known as the "God's Hand Killer." Fenton Meeks, the young man who approaches the lead investigator claiming he knows the identity of the killer. The FBI agent is mildly intrigued but unimpressed until Fenton reveals that the killer is his younger brother Adam. Fenton continues by recounting -- in a series of flashbacks -- how he and his brother grew up in a very loving family, raised by their widowed father in Thurman, Texas. But then one night, something happened: Dad woke his kids in the middle of the night to inform them that he has had a vision … that the Meeks family must act as God's hands to purge the world of the demons among them. As their father's visions become more frequent and disturbing, the paths of the brothers begin to diverge as the younger, more impression-able Adam aligns himself with their father and Fenton's questioning of God's will, as interpreted by his father, throws the family off on a wrenching course that will test their faith, challenge a son's courage and end a child's innocence.
    The DVD will come in widescreen and will carry audio in Dolby Digital 5.1. No less than three audio commentaries will be included on the film, the first with director Bill Paxton, the second with producer David Kirshner, composer Brian Tiler, and editor Arnold Glassman and the final commentary with writer Brent Hanley. Also included are a making of featurette, an episode of the Sundance Channel program Anatomy of a Scene, a photo gallery, deleted scenes and a theatrical trailer.
    The disc will arrive on September 17th, with a suggested retail price of $24.99.

12. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Absolute must-buy for me. I can't imagine Frailty being bumped off of my Top Ten list this year.
    Looking forward to hearing the reactions of those who haven't seen it yet!

13. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I'm pretty sure that FRAILTY will still be the absolute best film of 2002 once the year has ended. It is that great! As I said in my opening post in this thread, FRAILTY is not only my favorite film of the year, but it is also one of my new favorite films of all time! I'm glad to see that even more extras than DVDFile announced have been added! [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Yes, I would have to agree. This movie is outstanding. Deserves some awards. I am a Matthew Mc, however you spell his last name, fan after that movie. His role was eerie and really stuck with me. I will most definately be buying this one. Six stars for me![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

Good grief 3 commentaries [​IMG]

16. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Still so far away...Sept 17th but then, there's some good stuff going on that month too that will enhanced the wait! De La Hoya vs. Vargas on the 14th!

17. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

18. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

I thought this movie got bad press guys?

19. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

20. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Well, I suppose I'm 'press' in some small way, and I still think Frailty is one of the best movies of the year!
    Can't wait for this DVD!