Fraggle Rock Season Sets NOT Confirmed...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MarcoBiscotti, Nov 18, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Okay, I'm quite confused...

We've been going back and forth for months now on the topic of whether or not Season Sets of Fraggle Rock will in fact be coming to DVD next year and while Dave and Gord and company over at TVShowsOnDVD.com are reporting that Season 1 is coming to DVD in 2005, every response from the folks at Hit! Entertainment's public relations department seems to contradict/negate these supposed confirmations!

Here is an email exchange from a member of MuppetCentral and Hit! Entertainment recieved just the other day in regards to the Fraggle Season Set confusion, it is NOT reassuring...

Original Email:

"People all over on the internet say the representitives from HIT! Entertainment are saying "Fraggle Rock the compleate first season DVD box set will be released in the fall of 2005". Whereas others people say the people from HIT! say "they will pass your interest along for their brand team to consider the possibilities of season sets". So which is it. Is HIT! planning season sets or not? What is the status of season sets of Fraggle Rock.

So the bottom line is: Is HIT! working on season sets for Fraggle Rock?

If yes, when will we hear more about this and the plans for this set and
    for subsequent seasons? If no, what will it take to get them to say yes? If you are not allowed to comment one way I will understand.

Thank you."

HIT!'s Response:

"It has not been decided on if we will be making box sets at this time. There are no plans one way or the other. It is currently under consideration, we will pass all interest along to our Brand Team for consideration.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment."

[​IMG]

What's going on guys?

Gord, Dave... could you please follow up on this because it seems the information that you've posted is not definitive. This is really frustrating as we've all been really anticipating the proposed release. I recieved a similair email from Hit! Entertainment just days before TVShowsOnDVD posted their confirmed update on the upcoming Season 1 set and recieved a very similair reply.

What's the deal here?

2. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    If you're involved with a site then you could have sources that are going to give you certain information. This information isn't always going to be given to anyone who calls them or e-mails them. If you're with a site you can call and get free discs, which is something others couldn't do so in other words....the sites get the info first and we pass it along to the readers. The studios aren't always going to spill their guts to the readers/fans.

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I considered that Michael, but why reveal such information to a public site with the obvious understanding that it would be promoted as a definite production, only to than negate those same statements to the very public that they were intended to reach? I just don't understand why a company would offer concrete information to a public news site if they do not wish to make public their announcements? It ends up reflecting poorly on the source and confuses many in the process. Myself included.

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I spoke to someone at the company (I forget his title, but he handles many of their titles) who said that they hadn't decided on producing season sets yet, and to call him back in a week and he should have an answer (this was when customer service people were saying the sets had been confirmed). I called back a week later and he said they had decided to go ahead with season sets in Fall, 2005.

It's possible that the new line from the CS people is being used so fans continue to buy the single-disc releases.

Gord

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Okay thanks Gord, that might make sense. They wouldn't want to sabotage their current releases, though it seems like a somewhat manipulative tactic..

I hope that's the situation and H!E didn't decide to back out this early due to poor sales on the single-disc releases or something...

6. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

That is manipulative. I didn't want to buy the first single disc cause I figured season sets would come out but I did anyway to help Fraggle sales.Then they came out with that 'special edition' which made me regret my buy even worse.

Anyway I will NOT buy the 2nd or any other disc that comes out unless it is a season box set.[​IMG]

7. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
  8. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Beautiful, I hope we get the same bonus features as the individual releases!

I've held off on the single disc issues in anticipation for this but it's been DECADES since I've seen the Fraggle Rock cartoon so I'm crossing my fingers that the bonus episodes are included!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

Amazon now has Season 1 up for preorder. Tvshowsondvd also mentions it here

10. Dave Farley

Dave Farley Second Unit

I wonder if they'll use the correct opening and closing credits for each episode, or use the same for each one?

Hopefully, they'll get it right.

11. Eric DiPiazza

Eric DiPiazza Stunt Coordinator

I hope they clean up the transfers a bit too, because the episodes on the compilation disc are showing their age.

12. Johnny S

Johnny S Stunt Coordinator

Yeah! But I'm thinking that they probaly wont! HIT hasen't done a good job with the single disc releases so i doubt they will clean it up!

13. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Supporting Actor

Perhaps it is time that someone changed the title of this thread or started a new one. Fraggle Rock season sets are thankfully pretty well confirmed by now and people could get confused reading this thread title.

14. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

Yes, someone should update the title.