What's new

Fraggle Rock Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Hi everyone!

I just want to let you all know that Fraggle Rock Season 2 is set to be released this Tuesday (September 5th). Muppet Central has an early review up on their site:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/article...season_2.shtml

In the review, they mention that they've been told by HIT Entertainment that a decision on a Season 3 box set will be made before the end of the year. So whether you're a hardcore fan (like myself) or a casual fan, if you want to see the entire series released (only 4 seasons) don't wait to pick up Season 2. It has all 24 episodes along with some great bonus features, including an hour of new interviews, a half-hour long tribute to writer and co-creator Jerry Juhl, and a replica of Jim Henson's original pitch book!

William

Has anyone gotten this yet? I just picked up a copy and not a single disc will play in my DVD player (Sanyo JVW-7000). Every single disc gets through the FBI warnings and other junk, but freezes before the menu. The discs play in my desktop PC fine, and all my other DVDs play in both the desktop and the DVD player. Confusing...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Did they include the bonus animated TV show episodes on this set as extras, like the individual discs?

I've been hoping they'd be carried over but were left off the first box...

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Are you serious? That is horrible! I went to my Best buy to pick it up but they didn't have any! The guy even looked in the back.... I wonder why.. I went to walmart and they did have it but I wanted to wait to pricematch at BB.

MattQuack

Agent
Real Name
Matt

I'm hoping this isn't a huge problem, I read on another site that there were some issues....

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby

I hope not. I'd rather they give that series it's own release, and I bet they will after they finish releasing the original show.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I still need to get the first one. :frowning: They should really just release this quality show and shut up about "a decision on a Season 3 box set will be made before the end of the year". Some of us are too broke to buy everything at once. :angry:

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I agree Radioman...It kinda ticked me off when I heard that they were going to wait on the next release AGAIN.... At this rate it'll be 3 or 4 years before we have the whole show. I mean obviously most of the collectors that bought the first would buy the others..

Went back to walmart and had a little trouble pricematching since it was printed out but since it was only like $4 less I was able to get it for $34.99. They only had like 5 copies.....

I hope there wasn't supposed to be a booklet listing the episodes because mine didn't come with one...The only thing mine came with was the replica book. Did anyone else's copies come with anything besides the replica book?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Does EVERYONE have player problems with these discs? This is a must buy on my list.. But I'm not going to buy it unless it's only a few discs with problems..

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Ive only watched disc 1 but mine works fine so far....I'll be posting if anyone is up with the other discs.

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
All the discs in my set seem to play fine.

BTW, FR ran for 5 seasons not 4. However, since there were only 13 episodes in seasons 4 & 5, HIT could just put them both into one box set.

As I was taking a quick look through the discs, I noticed the stereo tracks are missing on some episodes. Probably lost to time I guess like some episodes of the 1980s Twilight Zone.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor

That's terrible. I've had no problem playing any disc, but what I have had trouble with is the audio. Has anyone else experienced some "pops" in the soundtrack? Most notably during the interviews on the bonus disc, where you would imagine there would be NO problem considering it's the new material, right?

It seems to be an issue with the processing of the discs, not the original source material.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor

I thought Fraggle was in mono anyway. If you look at Season 1, I think it's all mono (except for the musical numbers, perhaps). I know The Muppet Show was in mono.

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator

Only the first half season 1 was in mono. From the second half of season 1 to the end of the series the show was produced in full stereo sound.

In fact, FR was the very first HBO series to be broadcast in stereo.

That said, I watched "Wembley's Egg" last night and noticed the first half of the ep is in mono but switches to stereo for the rest of the show. Weird.

Finally, has no but me noticed that the end credits for each episodes are cut short to make way for the new Jim Henson logo? There is no excuse for it as they could show that AFTER the credits are done.

Matthew Eagin

Auditioning

Is it the same as the pitch book replica that came with Season 1? or is it a season 2 specific pitch book? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks