Fraggle Rock on DVD...Henson Co is considering it...here's your chance to speak up!!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Danny Horn (a long time Muppet/Fraggle fan in the Phily area) has some info on his site:
http://toughpigs.com/
Check here for the Fraggle Rock site by the petition creator Warrick Brownlow:
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/fragglerock0/index.html
Here's the direct link to the petition if you don't want to read but just want to sign:
http://www.petitiononline.com/Fraggle/
Please mention that you want the entire series in order of original release and not just "best of" or high-light compilations. Very few petitioners are being specific about this and we don't want a "South Park" experience here.
Apparently, Karen Prell, who performed Red Fraggle, has a personal desire to see the Fraggle series on DVD and is doing what she can to influence the Henson Co. to release the series. We can help by signing the petition and contacting those below to let them know that as Fraggle Fans we're ready to line-up with our checkbooks/credit cards and buy the series:
Brian Henson: [email protected]
Michael R. Polis
The Jim Henson Company
Senior Vice President of Marketing Worldwide
1416 N. La Brea Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028
323-802-1500
[email protected]
Debbie McClellan
The Jim Henson Company
Vice President of Corporate Communications & Publicity Worldwide
1416 N. La Brea Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028
323-802-1500
[email protected]
Betts Fitzgerald
The Jim Henson Company
Sr. Vice President, Licensing
117 East 69th Street
New York, NY 10021
212-794-2400
[email protected]
Go to it Fraggle Fans!!!
oh, and while you're at it, you might want to mention to Henson Associates that you would like them to request that Disney release Muppets Treasure Island in 16x9 WS. If they ask Disney, Disney will listen.
-dave

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
It's also important that episodes aren't issued randomly, but in chronological order -- preferably in season sets.
Thanks Donald!!!

PLEASE make mention of this in your petition comments. If we don't, we're likely to get a "best of" Fraggle Rock DVD set and that's NOT what we want!

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
I'd love to just have them show the series on TV.
I was taping them (er... timeshifting them
) off the Odyssey channel jointly owned by Henson, when the channel was purchased by Hallmark cards and all Henson shows were removed.
With all these long series (ST, B5, etc.) I have reservations for paying hundreds of dollars for DVDs. (The only series with reasonable per episode prices has been Buffy.)
If - for a change - they can use the full capacity of each disk (which is about 12 Fraggle episodes), then they could put it on 8 disks, and then if that were available for 2 figures, I would get it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
From what I hear, Time-Life is the most likely to put out Fraggle Rock, and unfortunately in best-ofs

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
A box set with 8 disks containing the whole thing would be awesome. I signed and asked for it to be one box set, or at worst 2 box sets, the first 48 eps then the last 48 eps.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I not only signed the petition (#187), but also added links to both the petition AND to Warrick's website to the Fraggle Rock entry at TVShowsOnDVD.com...so everyone who goes there to vote for the show's release will know that the petition is also available for them to voice their request.

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
This would be AMAZING.

Signed the petition. I'll include the "Fraggle Rock" request in my letter to the Henson Company about my disappointment with Follow That Bird, Muppet Treasure Island, and A Muppet Christmas Carol being issued in full-frame only.
And while I'm at it, I'll also let them know how much I'm dying to have "The Storyteller" on DVD.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
From what I hear, Time-Life is the most likely to put out Fraggle Rock, and unfortunately in best-ofs
Jeff,
Did you sign the petition and ask that the entire series be issued in order of episode appearance? Did you email any of the 3 contact emails (you can add [email protected] for Brain Henson's to that list) and state the same thing?
(to everyone) If you really care about something be sure and DO something to make a difference. at this moment over 95 different poeople have cared enought to read this thread, but only about 15 have cared enough to sign the petition.
YOU can make a DIFFERENCE. Willy Wonka isn't the first time and it won't be the last time that consumers influence a studio.
Sign the petition and state you want them in order. If Henson tell Time Life to release them in order and to release all Time Life will do it if they want the contract.
The contract with Time Life isn't a done deal anyway. So now's the time to make our voice heard.
-dave

James Reader

Screenwriter
Wouldn't it be cool if they could include the 'US' and 'UK' lighthouse scenes selectable via seamless branching?

I understand different actors played the lighthouse keeper in the different territories. In the UK we had Fulton MacKay - best known for playing 'MacKay' in Porridge a successful BBC sit-com in the 80's - and Simon O'Brian - who is best known for starring in a grim and gritty soap opera set in Liverpool.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My wife has now signed the petition as well. Keep this going, guys!

Contacting Mr. Henson and his company tomorrow for sure!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Cool. Those of you with a little extra gusto please also call/write Henson at any of the number listed earlier. It's important for them to hear from the public in addition to the petition.
Keep it up!
My personal hope is that they'll release some of the music on the DVD sets too. I'd love to have some 20/48 PCM music-only tracks of the studio cuts of the songs separate from the episodes

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I loved Fraggle Rock. I watched it constantly when it was on HBO. I remember it having a progressing storyline (even if it was a simple progression) so I don't think it will lend itself to Best of's in the manner that the Muppet Show does (though I still wish the Muppet Show were season by season).

Please release Fraggle Rock in Season boxed sets.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Exactly John. Muppet show, as much as I want them all as well, doesn't "progress" in any way from one show to the next. Fraggle Rock introduces new characters, has story-lines that build, and shows progressing in the acting as well.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huzaifa