What's new

Fr.Spkr. Stands? or No Fr.Spkr. Stands? (1 Viewer)

Al H.

Agent
I want to place my Paradigm Legend V.3 speakers on stands to bring the tweeter up more accurately to my ear level. Is that a smart move considering their floor standing speakers? Am I going to lose any kind of sound quality or gain any sound quality do the speakers being raised approximately 8 inches off the floor? Also I have discovered these gorgeous stands just fit for the job.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Im currently putting my rear speakers on stands, however since my fronts are bigger and floor standing, Im not going to bother. I suppose it would depending on your seating; tho getting everything to ear level would be a good idea.

Al H.

Agent
Thats what I thought Nick. I probably will lose some low end response from the fronts but ill let my sub take up the slack. By the way ,, nice room bro!

ChristianW

Stunt Coordinator
I'd do it. I have Aaron ATS5s which are large speakers raised using some 1.5 inch spikes to get the tweeter in just the right spot. It works great.

Some good stands will likely isolate the speakers from the floor anyway, and you may notice an increase in sound quality, and not just because of the better aligned tweeters.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Al, I'd go for it too. With some sturdy stands I don't think you'll lose anything. I have had my Mini Monitors on DIY stands for over a year and I'm quite happy with them. Just make sure they aren't wobbly or anything. As far as I understand it, the heavier they are, the better, because they are less prone to tip or rattle or move with loud playback, and they couple the speaker to the floor better.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Moved to speakers.

I concur about adding the stands. It is kind of like the PSB status bronze. Floorstanding speakers, yes, but they are quite low (short). Sturdy stubby stands is ok.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I just did it with my Paradigm mon. 7's.

I built them myself cause I didn't wanna spend alot without knowing the results.
I used 2" square hollow steel tubing and made a capital "I". Then I got spikes from parts express and screwed them into the bottom. It raised them about three and a half inches.

I did notice a little bit of loss in the bass. I couldn't really tell too much in the way of the highs, but I hadn't listened to my system for like 3 weeks before I made the change.

I am thinking about filling them to see if that makes a difference.

I guess my point is that I really wasn't blown away like I thought I was going to be, but maybe if I did an immediate A/B comparison...

Al H.

Agent
Yeah, ill probably go with the stands for the fronts based on no negative feedback from you guys. Thanx alot:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks