What's new

FPTV forum (1 Viewer)

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I know that the subdivisions have been done and redone, but I would like to throw my hat in the ring for a seperate FPTV forum. A lot of the topics having to do with FPTV have little or nothing to do with RPTVs or Direct View sets, and I think there is enough interest in FPTV to make it its own forum.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Thank you for your suggestion, Matt. For now, though, the present categories "settle in" for a while. More forums do not seem advisable.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I know that the subdivisions have been done and redone, but I would like to throw my hat in the ring for a seperate FPTV forum. A lot of the topics having to do with FPTV have little or nothing to do with RPTVs or Direct View sets, and I think there is enough interest in FPTV to make it its own forum.
As a FP owner, and certainly one of the people answering the lion's share of FPTV related questions, I respectfully disagree.

The number of absolutely exclusive FPTV questions are actually quite small (most are general concets which can be answered by non-FPTV owners, and be of help to non-fptv shoppers)- and more so the number of people interested in visiting a FPTV exclusive area is often even smaller.

There is no real advantage to making FPTV a seperate area. I'm not sure, even if the questions are completely different, how seperating them into a low traffic forum helps them in any way. I can't see any positive advantage to segregating them-- where with them in the general DISPLAY area, they get 10 times the number of views, and stay in a high visibility area while being in a forum with resonable traffic numbers.

Other than the "this is seperate so I want my own area" appeal- I can't think of any practical reason why to split it off. It won't help the people posting, and it won't help people like me who are looking to answer questions.

Seems like it simply creates another low traffic area, only for the sake of creating it.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks