What's new

FPS on Live: What's everyone playing? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
If I were to get one or two good online FPS, what would they be?

I played Return to Castle Wolfenstein over the weekend without voice chat and really enjoyed it. For $20, I'll probably get it. But I also read a lot of complaints about cheating in this game. How bad is it?!

Not interested in Halo 2, I need to log some time on the original first.

In any case, I got the headset last night, but didn't get a chance to play. What should I get?

--
H

Ike

Screenwriter
I haven't played Wolfenstein in a while, but the last time I played there was occasionally cheating. I always just left the game and went into another one.

Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow are good, if you are into that sort of FPS. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I really enjoy RS3, especially compared to something like Ghost Recon.

I was a huge fan of some of the other console versions of Unreal Tournament, but was let down by UT for the Xbox. However, UT2 looks like it might be a winner.

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
Well do you think in a week anyone is going to be playing anything on xbox live other than Halo2?;)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yeah well, I will try and speed through the first one, as much as I hate doing that...

I know H2 will still be popular online 6 months down the road, I have plenty of time to join that bandwagon.

I really don't want to spoil what apparently is one of the best games ever made by jumping straight to the sequel. Makes sense?

--
H

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I usually play Conter-Strike on Live, which is pretty fun. Wolfenstein is also lots of fun but I prefer CS. Of course, none of those games will matter to me in a week when I have Halo 2.:)

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Planning on going live soon (within a few weeks) .. any tips you can give me? will be doing lots of FPS shooter stuff....anything to avoid or note when buying stuff? Just give me the 411...thanks for the help!

Mike

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I prefer Ghost Recon (Island Thunder) over the Rainbow Six series. If you want to run & gun in very close-quarters maps then go with Rainbow Six, if you want more open maps with a better mix of snipers and run & gun, try Ghost Recon. You can pick up Island Thunder new for $20 and even cheaper used, spend the month of November getting the hang of it and then upgrade to Ghost Recon 2 November 30th when it comes out... add me to your friends list and I'll show you around Ghost Recon... I am on at least 4-5 nights per week. Ignore my gamertag listed below, I have changed it to --> x Jack Ryan x

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Sounds good, will do. I have no qualms with using GR:IT as a stepping stone to GRII.

There were some REAL assholes last night on RtCW, I got banned from a couple of games and called the "N" word in others. It's amazing what anonymity will do to people, especially those who sound like they've never left their mother's basement.

Sorry if it seems like I am ranting, but it seems difficult to find decent people to play with, I didn't expect that. The only extensive multiplayer experience I had before this was Delta Force 2 on PC. Massive battles, no voice chat, it was great, even on 56K.

I have had better luck with smaller groups so far on Live (4-6) than larger ones.

--

H

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Heya Holadem... I haven't been on much these days, but I'll add ya to my friends list.
smile.gif
I have RtCW, Rainbow 6 and Pandora Tomorrow (great game, although not exactly a "shooter" by definition.)

Yeah, it's amazing what anonymity will do to people sometimes. I know what you mean about trying to find good games/groups as well.

You know you can actually send bad feedback (about a player) to MS, right? Especially if they are so idiotic that they use the "n" word and such. (jeezuz!) You can also turn off the audio of individual players if they are being idiots as well...

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
quote:...it's amazing what anonymity will do to people sometimes.

Same thing happens here.
wink.gif
There's actually a pretty interesting article on this in the current or prior issue of XBN. The anonymity is worn like a shield. People think they can get away with anything.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Holadem,

I totally know what you mean! I think this is another reason why I have become so addicted to Ghost Recon. I have been playing with basically the same group of guys (and a few ladies) for more than a year now. Most of them are guys over 30, with families and jobs -- and therefore no time or patience for the juvenile behaviour that sometimes goes on. When I've tried new games as they come out and just had to go through optimatch to find open rooms, I quickly tire of the mouthy jerks that seem to run wild over Xbox Live. There are definitely good people out there, and that's the key, make sure you get those people on your friend's list, that way you rarely need to use optimatch to find a room to play in.

Hope to see you soon on GR:IT...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks