1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

FPJ and Dust

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Josh~H, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Josh~H

Josh~H Stunt Coordinator

I want to get a FP unit for my basement home theater, and I probably will do so shortly. However, I've come across a few posts that mention "dust blobs" or similar ominous sounding problems.

I have a basement work shop, and I do a fair amount of wood working down there. Consequently, I produce a lot of wood dust. I would categorize my basement as "somewhat more dusty than an average basement." Do I need to be concerned about dust getting into my FP system and ruining the picture for me? I know that some of the FP's (like several of the NEC units) are environmentally sealed. But most aren't, and I'm strongly considering just jumping in with the Infocus X1.

I really don't want to get the Infocus, just to wind up "OUTfocus" because of rampant dust. Any comments, suggestions, horror stories, preventative tips, etc? Thanks!

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I would not combine the two (the FP and the workshop). A dusty environment will increase the chances of dust blobs and require a lot more filter maintenance.

3. Josh~H

Josh~H Stunt Coordinator