What's new

FPJ and Dust (1 Viewer)

Josh~H

Stunt Coordinator
I want to get a FP unit for my basement home theater, and I probably will do so shortly. However, I've come across a few posts that mention "dust blobs" or similar ominous sounding problems.

I have a basement work shop, and I do a fair amount of wood working down there. Consequently, I produce a lot of wood dust. I would categorize my basement as "somewhat more dusty than an average basement." Do I need to be concerned about dust getting into my FP system and ruining the picture for me? I know that some of the FP's (like several of the NEC units) are environmentally sealed. But most aren't, and I'm strongly considering just jumping in with the Infocus X1.

I really don't want to get the Infocus, just to wind up "OUTfocus" because of rampant dust. Any comments, suggestions, horror stories, preventative tips, etc? Thanks!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I would not combine the two (the FP and the workshop). A dusty environment will increase the chances of dust blobs and require a lot more filter maintenance.

Josh~H

Stunt Coordinator
I would not combine the two (the FP and the workshop). A dusty environment will increase the chances of dust blobs and require a lot more filter maintenance.
Well, I'll have to get rid of my workshop then. :D

Actually, my workshop is in a different room (with a door) than my HT. If I had a good way to manage the dust and other particles, the two might be able to coexist. But dust can be pretty tough to confine to just one room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks