Fp screen

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Isaacs, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

Well,I am slowly but surley saving for a fp system.To start I think I will try out a diy screen.
    What my concern is is kids...I have 2 and they have crayons.So what I was thinking is..Make the screen around a wood frame.Then attach the frame to the celing using some sort of chain or hinge,when the screen is not in use pull it up flush to the celing and put some sort of hasp so it will stay in place.
    Is there anything wrong with doing this?My concern is dust.If the front of a screen wether it be pro or diy what is a good method of cleaning it?
    I am thinking of either making it from canvass or black out material.
    ------------------

2. John-D

John-D Stunt Coordinator

Chad if u're planning for a 'lamp' projector then it might not be an issue.. but anything on the lines of those finicky CRT's and there might be issues.. UNLESS you are always able to lower the screen down EXACTLY where it was.
    Blackout works great and cleans well with anything u'd clean a blackout fabric with.. soft clean cloth should be good for the vinyl side at least.
    Another option would be to by a large plastic sheet and find someway of fixing it so it just rolls up and drops over the screen when not in use.
    Good Luck
    ------------------
    The things we own end up owning us

3. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I am looking to get a lcd fp...be nice to get ahold of a used sony vpl400 or somthing simmilar.
    ------------------

4. John-D

John-D Stunt Coordinator

are you even considering other PJ's?
    what's the total budget?
    ------------------
    The things we own end up owning us