What's new

FP for a newbie (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to convert a bedroom into my new HT. The room is 12' by 13' and has no windows or other sources of unwanted light.

I'm looking for a FP with EDTV capabilites because it will be used for DVD watching only (16:9 if possible). I'll buy a full HD projector in a few years when prices go down and PQ goes up.

Feel free to suggest older models that I might be able to find that would give a good bang for the buck. CRT, DLP, LCD its all good. Cost: lets keep it under $1000.

Requirements:

*Must be quiet enough to run in the room. Its a rented apartment so no cutting holes in a wall.

*Component video inputs would be great. I could purchase a DVI-equipped DVD player if I need to.

Thanks in advance!:D

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
A grand will buy you a superior HDTV-capable used CRT, but unless you want to do a floor mount, then a digital is the only way you'd really be able to get a projector ceiling mounted. In which case the folks here will have good ideas.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I have heard good things about the X1. You can even buy it at Bestbuy for under a grand, and from what i've seen it has a great picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks