What's new

FP - Center above or below screen? Opinions please (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jeff Schnebelen
I have done a search in this forum but could not find this specific question. I jumped on the crt bandwagon recently and was re-wiring my basment for the new FP setup. I was just wondering, should I place my center channel speaker above or below my 106" screen? I am sure this has been discussed before, maybe someone could just point me to those posts. Thanks in advance.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I think the general concensus would be above angled down, UNLESS you can place your centre speaker at the same high as your mains below than that would be better. Basicaly which ever is closest to the mains height.

If you have a "regular" speaker for the centre (as in not a "centre" channel but something similar to your mains), that's even better, again same height as mains and if you have to put it above turn it upside down, this will make the tweeters closer together.

Try not to have more than 24" height difference from your tweeters if possible.

Or, you can do what I am doing and place it behind the screen. I also have a 106" screen (52 x 92) microperfed.

My ceiling is just barely over 7' tall, so I had no good place to put the center. I decided that in the middle would be best for me.

Just another suggestion

Real Name
Jeff Schnebelen
I wish I could mount behind my screen. Problem is, I have already purchased my screen and it is a Da-lite perm-wall. I like the idea of getting them in line with the mains.
To clarify my original post, my choices are on a stand about 2-3 feet off the floor, or up High by the ceiling at 7-8 feet. I am pretty sure the floor will be the home but just wanted to take a census. I have perused through most of the theaters here and have seen it both ways. Keep the posts comming!:emoji_thumbsup: I would love to get a lot of takes on this issue. Thank you all.

Ron_C

Agent
If you can't get it the same height as the mains under the screen, then put it above the screen by all means and angle it down. That will be a lot better than having it angling up from the bottom. It is highly recommended to put it above the screen. For more, go to www.avsforum.com on the adio Hi-Fi forum. There are treads on this there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks