FP Ceiling Mount

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BrianMe, Aug 1, 2005.

1. BrianMe

BrianMe Stunt Coordinator

I just recently bought an Infocus 4805 FP. I need to mount it to the ceiling. I know that a number of people make their own mounts, but I don't have time for that right now (unless someone can send me some real good plans). I also don't want to pay $150 for a retail mount. I've been scouring eBay, and this looks like a good mount

http://cgi.ebay.com/INFOCUS-4805-Pro...QQcmdZViewItem

Reasonable price, and you can get extensions from the same guy.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Brian

2. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

If you can get that for $35 I'd say go for it. I didnt' check the guy's feedback, but if he's good for his 30 day warranty, then you don't have much to lose.

If you wanted a more clean looking mount, there's a guy at the AVS forum that sells mounts. His are marketed for the X1, but I believe the 4805 uses the same cabinet.

I won't link to it, but go to AVS and search for "mandarax mount" for info. It's a bit more expensive than the ebay one, but the price includes shipping.

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    So what's the most you will pay? The PerfectMount 2000 is going for 99.00 and there's been positive review on AVS about it. The one on EBay certainly looks solid but I think the primary concern would be how easy it is to adjust for the install.