What's new

Fox's 'THE MOMENT OF TRUTH'. (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Thought it was interesting last night that someone was actually asked a question that seemed to be a big plus for him.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I can see myself tiring of this show very quickly. Then again i've never been able to remain interested in game shows, they just don't have staying power with me.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
FOX has ordered 13 additional episodes of the show. I'll be interested to see the ratings starting next month when it moves to Wed. at 8pm, losing the Idol lead-in.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That's a shame. I think I've finally discovered the bottom of the barrel in terms of offensively insulting show concepts. . .

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Oh, I think we discovered the bottom a while back with Temptation Island or one of the other repugnant shows. We are just now getting an idea of what other kinds of crap are at the bottom with shows like this.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
OTOH, the Chad Johnson MOT commercial during the Super Bowl was actually kinda funny, especially the end, as to what happens to Mark Walberg (or his stand-in).

GARY C

Second Unit

There is a difference between the truth, and sensational truth (which is what I, and I'm guessing most of the others, have issues with).

It's like having sex in the bedroom with your wife vs. having sex on live TV with a midget, a donkey and a 4-iron during prime time for money (which I'm sure isn't too far away for FOX).

If these people were interested in the truth, they would have shared it with the people in their lives long before they could do it on TV for some cash.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Huh? The whole point of the show is shadenfreude. Straight-up embarassment of people. There isn't anything else to it. It has nothing to do with "telling the truth."

Its only redeeming feature is that the people being hurt almost deserve it for being so stupid as to go on this show. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Riiiiiight. Watching people tell the truth is such compelling television. The embarassing questions are just a coincidence!

brianlove84

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian

I agree I would always hold my breath when the "good" questions comes in. There's no dull moment on this show.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Although I do like this show, last night is why it is going to fail in the long run. Lie detectors are inaccurate. I mean come on, the guy admits he is a thief, racist, a cheat, unfaithful, a con, a basic lowlife but lies on the easiest question about stuffing his underwear? I couldn't help but feel bad for him and his family. It will be impossible for anybody to win this game because the lie detector is just flat out inaccurate. Even the host apologized because it was obvious the contestant was telling the truth up there.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it is pretty much a crap shoot. Hell on the question he could have been embarrassed at the question during the lie detector because he may have considered it once, but never actually did it but the thinking about it was enough to trigger a false lie.

One thing this show is good for is giving us guys plenty of tell tale signs that your woman is pissed off. Running her tongue across her teeth with a closed lipped mouth....not going your way buddy. The blonde from a couple weeks ago was doing the same thing.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
OK, using my HD excuse, I watched part of this thing last night as well (BTW, those dramatic colors on teh big screen are something else :eek: ).

Anyway, where the heck is the lie detector? I saw no device hooked up to the contestants. Doesn't a lie dectector require hooking up an elaborate apparatus to the contestant's head?

--
H

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
They do the whole lie dectector portion prior to the show taping. They ask around 50 different questions and get the results. Then on the show, they ask those same questions. The contestant needs to match the result of the lie detector. So they could have lied during the lie detector test but then told the truth during the show which if the lie detector did its job earlier, they would get a 'true' on the show and win. The same goes if they lied at the lie detector but it didn't catch it, they could still lie on the show and that also would come back 'true' on the show. The problem is that it appears there have been a few false negatives (lies) determined by the lie detector test which the contestants will never know until they answer truthfully yet the lie detector thought it was a lie during their initial test and then they lose. That is what happened last night.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
this show is already losing its luster and steam for me. i got a cackle out of the first couple of eps. but now its like ho-hum.

reminds me of jerry springer with no fights and i never cared for springer. as far as i am concerned many of the questions they asked were inconsequential and no big deal. i.e. "did you find your sister's boyfriend attractive?" who cares. i.e. "do you think your mom is overweight?" did YOU look at her?

bleh.

i totally agree.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

It's only a matter of time before someone decides to reneg on the "I agree not to sue the show for making me look like a liar" agreement they make 'em sign. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks