What's new

Fox's The French Connection -- My 1000th DVD! (1 Viewer)

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Thanks to Fox in California, my 1000th DVD was none other than the 2nd disc in this double-disc set!
Woohoo!
My 1001th disc was my autographed copy of John Landis' An American Werewolf in London, so that makes it even more special! :)
I'm already up to #1006 (Startup.com)...only 8994 to go!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Congratulations, Dana!
To put that total into perspective:
1001 DVDs times 2 hours each DVD equals 2002 hours of watching movies (not including the extras). Or, to put it another way, 2000 hours is roughly equivalent to working a full-time job for one year!
eek.gif
eek.gif

That's a LOT of DVD watching, my friend! :)
Congrats!
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Tom.
Pretty soon, this will be followed by my post count (I'm up to 908 with this post)!
:)
------------------

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
To put that total into perspective:
1001 DVDs times 2 hours each DVD...
Let's really put that into perspective:
1006 DVD's time $?.?? each DVD... :)
What's your average cost per DVD? Do you know? Mine's $14.05 per disc at the moment, with 873 discs. Come Tuesday, that will change...
biggrin.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
$18.10 per...a bit higher than others' averages, but still far below MSRP!
Got 7 more today below $100, so the average will go down more.
------------------

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
It warms the heart to know that someone out there has a collection worth the value of a really nice automobile!

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Start with a modest purchase of a DVD player and 4 DVD's in November of 1997. Stir in a healthy dose of DIVX fear to kickstart the buying spree. Add a healthy dose of disposable income, and a pinch or two of 800.com sales, a dash of buy-4-get-1-free deals, and a sprinkling of $20-off coupons...and, most importantly, make SURE to remove any trace of WFG (Wife/Fiance/Girlfriend)! Mix well over four years, and voila! A 1000 DVD collection any enthusiast would be proud of!
laugh.gif

------------------

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
LOL!! I still gotta work on that income thing (I'm paying off my Sony WEGA KV-32FV27)...as well as the DVD buying thing. But at 25% off retail at Ken Cranes DVD Planet (I live only 10 mins away), I should resume my previous habit of buying 10 DVDs a month! If I get another raise maybe I could increase that to about 20 DVDs a month!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Well-the disposable income and WFG factor are the key elements here, I think. I have a bit too much invested in my hardware right now. My wife has sort of given up on curbing my DVD purchases though.
Dana-we are moving at roughly the same pace. I purchased my first DVD player in December 1997 and about 36 away from the 1000 mark...but I don't have the digital camera you had at Scooter's.
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks