What's new

Fox's Five Star Collection for the rest of 2002? (1 Viewer)

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I picked up MASH in January and was wondering if anybody had any information on Fox's Five Star Collection line-up and rumored release dates for the rest of 2002. Thanks in advance.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, True Lies has been pushed until later, after Speed, to my knowledge.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Since a Predator SE (as well as a Speed SE)have already been annouced for region 4, I suspect that these 2 titles will be coming this year.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
One of my favs is Strange Days and I heard a possible 5 Star for that in the next year or so if im not wrong.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I hope the "Sunrise" DVD is a 5-star.

I'd certainly like to hear the re-recorded score in PCM 5.1 since the only other extras are possibly the original Movietone (mono) audio track, outtakes, and a photo gallery.

A commentary by Lokke Heiss (sic?) would be neat since he did a commentary for Nosferatu (The "red cover" SE).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I wonder if "All That Jazz" would be considered

a 5-Star release with the extensive restoration

it went through.

BTW, just found out it had a NYC theatrical

premier for its restored version. I wasn't

notified about it. Anyone in this forum have

the chance to see it?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I heard that the original Miracle on 34th Street was getting a 5-star release this Christmas.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, Jay, but I wouldn't expect a 5-Star Predator anytime soon.

Peter Staddon in July 2001:

Predator will not be revisited any time soon. We released a new version in January and have no plans to revisit them.
I suppose that could have changed, but I probably wouldn't hold my breath. Region 1 seems to be a long ways away from the rest of the world.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Wasn't there potential for Home Alone and Big to be 5-stars, rereleased around Christmas time? Definitely a possibility.

-Chad

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
WAHHHOOOOOO!!! Great news, I knew the possibility of Sunrise coming out had been mentioned, but didn't realize there was any concrete info.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there potential for Home Alone and Big to be 5-stars, rereleased around Christmas time? Definitely a possibility.
Peter did mention this at a chat that they should be revisited in time for Christmas 2002. But Fox is pretty busy removing extras and releasing pan-and-scan DVDs, so who knows if they'd have time to re-release movies with more extras and in their original aspect ratio?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
You would think Fox would have just waited and made Predator (DTS) into a Five Star when they re-released it a year-and-a-half ago. But, again, they wouldn't have us buying it for the second or third time if they did it the right way.

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Isn't The Day The Earth Stood Still going to be Five Star? It's a pretty important film for Fox and I'd heard they where going full out on the DVD.
Richard

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Richard, I think TDTESS it is going to be one of the next ones next to Speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks