What's new

Fox's 'Fastlane': Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
If you watch a lot of the Fox Network, you've undoubtedly seen about two month's worth of commercials for the upcoming show Fastlane. It's being produced by McG (director of Charlie's Angels), offers an intriguing-looking cast (see below), and (based on the recent promos) seems to have a quick wit amidst some enjoyably bombastic explosions.
Peter Facinelli - Can't Hardly Wait, The Big Kahuna, Supernova, Riding in Cars with Boys, The Scorpion King - and call me nuts but this actor seems like he's always doing a Tom Cruise impression. :)
Bill Bellamy - Fled, How to Be a Player, Any Given Sunday - Don't know much about Bellamy, but he seems a likeable sort.
Tiffani-Amber Thiessen - Beverly Hills 90210, Son in Law, The Ladies Man, Hollywood Ending - Eye candy supreme. 'Nuff said.
Bianca Kajlich - Bring It On, Halloween: Resurrection, Boston Public - Drop-dead sexy young actress. May have talent, too. We shall see.
Vondie Curtis-Hall - Romeo + Juliet, Broken Arrow, Eve's Bayou, E.R. - Quality character actor. Cool.

Yes, I'm completely SICK of the commercials - but I'm kinda looking forward to the premiere!
Anyone else?

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if I am really looking forward to it, but its gona be like a fat lady at a beach, you will have to look.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
John McNamara is running the show, and he's got a great resume - "Brisco County Junior", "Profit", "Spy Game", "Vengence Unlimited", and "The Fugitive". Sure, none of these lasted more than a season, but that's some high quality television you're looking at there. You get a "Brisco" alum working on a show, and I'm giving it a look.

I'm interested. Wednesday 9pm is a sickly competitive timeslot this year - "The Amazing Race", "Fastlane", "Birds Of Prey", "The Twilight Zone", and "The West Wing" - so it will probably be roadkill just like McNamara's other series, but I'm looking forward to it.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I get a "Miami Vice: 2K2" vibe from it, and for me, that's a good thing...

Looking forward to seeing it...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As Jason mentioned, the timeslot's got too much going on. I'll be watching Birds of Prey and taping Twilight Zone. No room on there for Fastline. Maybe if it were on another night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks