What's new

Fox's evolution of "tv on dvd" to "tv on dvd-mod" (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
What I would love is for 9-1-1 Season 3 to be released to DVD. I finally was able to get a set of Season 2 but had to get it from China. And I don't mind. It's clear and English Subtitled which is essential for me. I was able to get the Season 3 from the same place but there were no Subtitles or CC at all which a necessity for me!

I avoid this type of pirated stuff like a plague, regardless of how much I want the show to be released officially on dvd/bluray. (Too easy to fall into this rabbit hole on ebay and even amazon, if one doesn't know what to look out for).

Jenny Peerey

Agent
Real Name
Jenny
I avoid this type of pirated stuff like a plague, regardless of how much I want the show to be released officially on dvd/bluray. (Too easy to fall into this rabbit hole on ebay and even amazon, if one doesn't know what to look out for).
I happen to sell DVD's and other things on EBAY and Amazon and I assure you I never sell pirated DVD's! I have been with both these companies for a long time and I never sell copies--That is against the law on those sites! I would be fired immediately! But, the 9-1-1 Seasons 2-3 were never released in the USA on DVD. They were released in Australia but not here.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I have encountered pirated versions of dvds which were accidentally mixed in with amazon's own legitimate stock. Amazon is good about dealing with this, and exchanging it for a legit copy. Fortunately this has been rare for me.

(I don't order dvds from third party dealers on amazon).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(For clarification).

By "pirated copies", I am referring to the stuff which was made by the professional bootleggers. These are guys who have access to an actual disc manufacturing facility, that can manufacture pressed cd and/or dvd discs. (Some might be legit facilities where the operators were willing to turn a blind eye, or it might be old equipment which was purchased from liquidation auctions when a cd/dvd manufacturing plant was closed down).

On the surface, such "professional" looking bootlegs are hard to spot if one doesn't know what to look for specifically.

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I would never “buy” anything on a streaming service, but everything I watch is not like the tablets Moses brought down from the mountain! Often they are TV shows similar to the paper towels we buy. We enjoy them once, were fun to binge, and I never want to see them again.

I have the entire history of the cinema on disc in the next room to watch whenever I want. Meanwhile we enjoy series from Netflix and Amazon Prime that are enjoyable but disposable.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I would never “buy” anything on a streaming service, but everything I watch is not like the tablets Moses brought down from the mountain! Often they are TV shows similar to the paper towels we buy. We enjoy them once, were fun to binge, and I never want to see them again.

For Joe Sixpack and Jane Q Public, this is likely an apt description of how they would think of dvds/blurays during the 2000s era heydays. Not much different than paper towels or toilet paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks