What's new

Fox's Disappointing Halloween Promotion (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
According to DVD File, Fox has acquired the rights to "Ginger Snaps", rights formerly held by Artisan. And comments edited by owner (that's a bit harsh..but is it unfair?), I bet they'll release it in OAR, which means I will finally get to see this flick (I wasn't gonna buy the Canuck version blind).

It looks like it will be featureless, but hopefully Fox will see the popularity of this title and give it some extras. Either way, it's gonna retail for 9.99!

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
With the $9.99 price, I'll bet it's the same crappy Artisan disc with the "Fox" name on it.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
From DVDFile.com...

"Geared towards the slightly older crowd is a big batch of budget-priced new horror releases, including Creepy Crawlers, Blood Moon, Severed, Lying in Wait, Blind Terror, Final Stab, Island of the Dead, Hellion, Frightmare, Do You Want to Know a Secret?, Reign In Darkness sand two titles Fox will be re-releasing that Artisan used to control, The Calling and the acclaimed Canadian cult hit Ginger Snaps. Each is priced at a super-cheap $9.95 each, although all are featureless and exact technical specs have yet to be announced. Stay tuned..."

Okay...MGM, Anchor Bay, and Warner Bros. are giving us genre classics like House of Wax, The Haunting, The Thing From Another World, Burnt Offerings, The Brood, Squirm, and The Hills Have Eyes...and Fox is giving us a whole batch of movies that went DIRECT TO VIDEO? None of which were made before the year 2000, I believe.

Ugh. How depressing. :angry:

Where is Tales From the Crypt? Where is Cemetery Man? Where is Terror Train?

Fox will be receiving zero candy from the Riarson household this Halloween.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Peter Staddon has stated on record that ALL Fox DVD releases will have an OAR presentation available. I don't see why they would stop now. Fox even makes their kiddie flicks available in OAR, and God bless 'em for it.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I just figured Fox had no more horror titles left...but where IS Tales From The Crypt? I had forgotten about it, but I would snatch it up in a second. I suppose Cemetery Man could have some rights issues, but I figure they could have been cleared by now. You raise a good point, Walt. I'm happy with having Ginger Snaps in OAR, which is an unexpected surprise....but these MIA titles are puzzling.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
Yeah this is an awful list of titles, and while I'm picking up most of the MGM, Warner and AB stuff, I won't be buying any of these rather lame Fox titles. Where is all thes classic stuff we've been asking for on here? Where is ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. and THE LOST WORLD? I'd even settle for THE MEPHISTO WALTZ!!!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
These are budget line discs. That doesn't preclude more noteworthy titles at a higher price point.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
We still need so much horror/sci-fi from Fox: ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., THE NANNY, THE ANNIVERSARY, ALLIGATOR PEOPLE, THE LOST WORLD, CURSE OF THE FLY, DEVILS OF DARKNESS, THE EARTH DIES SCREAMING, HAND OF DEATH, THE OTHER, THE MEPHISTO WALTZ, THE DAY MARS INVADED EARTH, HOUSE OF THE DAMNED, etc.

James L White

Supporting Actor
that whole slate sucks, I won't be buying even one title. Where are some good titles such as The Good Son? License To Drive? Max Dugan Returns? Robin Hood: Men In Tights? :frowning:

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Some of those titles mentioned you can find already at Target for under six bucks each...

Terror Train is still on a wish list though...

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Peter Staddon has stated on record that ALL Fox DVD releases will have an OAR presentation available.
That is if they are Fox titles. If they are doing distribution, it's another story. My Nighbor Totoro and To Walk With Lions come to mind.

Will K

Screenwriter
Boy, does that line-up suck. Sounds like they're choosing to distribute some low-grade crap they don't have to do any work on rather than raid their own vaults for titles we'd actually be interested in. Very disappointing, Fox.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Ugh. That line-up sounds like something you'd find on one of those Brentwood ten-packs.

It's disappointing that they're futzing around with previously released things like Ginger Snaps but ignore Cemetery Man.

And, if anyone is interested in getting the Canadian Ginger Snaps SE, go for it. It's a really great disc, and, by all accounts, superior to the American version in every way.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I agree with Darrell...where is THE INNOCENTS, one of the finest ghost stories of all time? Shameful line-up. Hopefully Universal can make up for this by releasing their Hammer hold-outs and a few classics not included in the first and second waves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks