What's new

Fox - X-Files Series 5 + Movie ?? (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
As X-files Series 5 is only 20 episodes long, why not included the movie within the package ? It fits perfectly within the framework of the series.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing that the red tape would NOT be worth it. It's a whole nother list of legal crap for a movie than a TV show, and if you box things together, it's treated as new product. I would say to include a coupon for $10 off the movie or something would be good, or even better just include a hub for the movie
Jeff Kleist

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Nay to any of that!
I already bought this movie twice! And I don't want to discard the box/artwork/insert that it came with to stick the disc on a ready-made hub in the Season 5 box.
I planned a loooong time ago to simply stick the "Fight The Future" keepcase between the Season 5 and Season 6 box sets on my shelf. That's a pretty easy solution, folks. And since you can get the 2nd edition of the film's DVD for less than $20 (heck less than $15 if you do a little shopping around!), then those who don't have it yet won't be in a bind when it comes time to see it.
Nope...please don't try to accomodate it with any nonsense like that. It's not like it's an inconvience to the casual fan or casual DVD buyer. Yet the die-hard X-Philes and DVD collectors (both of which my family falls into) will just be stuck if Fox does something elaborate like you guys are suggesting!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I also plan on sticking my X-files FTF DVD in between season 5 and 6 on my shelf. I have no need to buy it again, even if it's "included" in the set.
I guess what this really means is that season 5 will only be 6 discs.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Chances are that Fox will still charge the same as all the other box sets, even though there will only be 6 discs. that was why I thought the inclusion of the movie would make sense.
You never know, they may release more extras. That would be good enough for me

Kyle_R

Auditioning
Leave out the movie, but bring on the extras!! What about releasing some of the specials like "Secrets of the X-files" and such that aired in seasons 2-3 (?) before I was a fan. I'm sure many other die hard fans would love to have them too...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks