Fox- Why no "Previously on Buffy" segments before the episodes?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Greg Z, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Greg Z

Greg Z Stunt Coordinator

This has been a sore point with me for a while. Their absence is becoming more and more obvious. As the seasons progress their importance becomes greater. Can we really watch the season 5 finale without that wonderful "Previously" segment which sums up all the seasons of Buffy up to that point? In many "Previously" segments the musical score runs into the actual episode, making it's deletion obvious and strangely abrupt. Rant Over. You guys are just killing my enjoyment of this great show. [​IMG]

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

As I have previously explained in other threads

The "Previously on" is NOT part of the MASTER MASTER tape that is used to source the DVDs, it's only on the BROADCAST MASTER tapes which are prepared by other people. Since the UK discs are sourced from the BROADCAST masters, they get the previouslys

We have been asking an reminding Fox specifically about the "previously" on The Gift, and hopefully they will remember

3. Greg Z

Greg Z Stunt Coordinator

Jeff, I know this has been discussed before. I'm just voicing my opinion (rant). I hope more people get mad about this and raise their voice. Maybe then we will be heard. Also, it doen't concern me where the "previouslys" are, Master, no Master, whatever. Don't care, just want it...

4. AdrianS

AdrianS Auditioning

I have also noticed this problem as well, specifically on the 24 season 1 box set. It really would not bother me that much, except as Greg mentioned the music does sometime cut in abruptly; as the music was incorporated with the "previously on.." bits. It makes the whole thing seem very unpolished to have the music cut in like that.