FOX: Why no DTS track for Ice Age???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Hitchman, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

I've seen longer movies with supplements spead over two discs that included DTS, why not this great title?

If it's a space thing, here's a thought: drop the ridiculous pan & scan/full frame version. If you absolutely believe you can't for some reason (you did state Fox was a believer in OAR presentations), then by re-arranging the video supplements to the second disc and just putting the two versions of the film w/DTS & DD and a commentary on the first disc (like a Sony Superbit Deluxe or Disney's Vista Series release) you could get even better quality than you would at the present.

Ice Age did quite well at the box office and revitalized Fox's foray into animation, which would also make it deserving of a great DTS track.

I can't believe the terrible (not just my own opinion) Planet of the Apes remake would get a DTS track, but not Ice Age.

Please reconsider your decision.

Thank you!

Dan

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Dan, I'm pretty sure it's a bitrate issue. Fox is well aware of the desire for DTS tracks

They can't drop the P&S version because WAL-MART DEMANDED IT! (same reason why Shrek has it)

Look at it this way, Fox COULD be screwing us with P&S only, but because they're Fox, and they value their customers and the integrity of their product, they aren't screwing us

So well done on fighting the good fight!

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

If they're so big on giving in to Wal-Mart "demands", how come they don't get mad when Wal-Mart puts stuff out before street date??

4. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino