What's new

Fox - Where is The Egyptian? (1 Viewer)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I do hope Fox will release The Egyptian soon. One of my favorite films, with a great cast, fascinating story and wonderful music. Also, I hope Fox will issue the restored version of The Robe.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I too want the Egyptian. The Robe has NOT been restored by Fox - just a new prnt made.
The already released DVD of The Robe looks and sounds great. Would lvoe to see the alternate flat version of the Robe on DVD. Around 1992 a stereo track for the Flat version was found.
BTW - Varese Soundtrack club just announced the release NEXT WEEK of a 2 cd set of the Robe. Only two minor cues are missing.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Wouldn't it be nice if they released this with directional dialog, which the Dolby mixes generally ruin? In fact, are there any DVD's out there with directional dialog? I will start a thread to find out...

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
If so, this the first Fox dvd release in any country for The Egyptian. If we get in the U S I hope it has a 4.0 track inswtead of a 2.0.

But right now Fox is doing nothing.

This year we have h3ead a rerelease of The Robe, (with most extras only on the blu ray version !!), Man Hunt, hardly a major title, and another reissue of Diary of Anne Frank that looks like it will still be missing the two pieces of music (exit music act One and Entracte).

M1uffy

Grip
Real Name
Cornelia
Does it include the Alain Silver & James Ursini commentary?
Alain Silver DVD Commentaries
No, it does not include any extras on the disc itself worth mentioning, but a beautiful 34 or 38 page booklet. In Spanish, of course, but with many photos. ;)

I would attach some screenshots, but the file size allowed is far too little. :frowning: Maybe, you can see them here: [Sonst.] - Sinuhe, der Ägypter... - Cinefacts But I'm afraid you will have to register to see them...

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
What a great cover! Now how do I buy it? I wish Amazon had a branch in Spain.

EDIT. I see I can buy this on ebay for £23.49 (free p&p). If I wait a bit it might be a bit cheaper. Wouldn't it be funny if I could get a R2 before the USA gets a R1 - esp. from Fox!!!

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Fox has done this before. The Virgin Queen was available for in a U.K. region 2 version from April 2006, but was only released in the U.S. in April last year.

I bought a Fox region 4 version of John Huston's The Barbarian & the Geisha in March, 2006 that still isn't available in Region 1.

Then there are some releases officially licensed by Optimum from Fox in the U.K. such as Wild River that was assumed to be coming to R1, but it hasn't happened.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Managed to buy this when I was in Spain last week. Picture quality is excellent as is the 2 channel stereo sound, which retains dialogue directionality. Unfortunately my copy was missing the advertised 36 page booklet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks