What's new

Fox to Unleash Blu-ray Assault in Early 2007 (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Nice. Being one of 'them thar' HD supporters, and additionally being a BD owner, I have noticed that their are many who have drunk the koolaid of both BD and HD propaganda.

I am not one of them, but I am certainly an HD supporter, both BD and HD-DVD. At the same time, I like to call it like it is, and refuse to let either side get a way with unsubstantiated statements, or statements that are just misleading.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
IMO, some of these HD DVD proponents are doing the same thing that a certain Fox executive is being lynched for which is giving props to HD DVD and dismissing Blu-ray as nothing more than a distraction. Just tell yourself it's nothing, but noise and in time, we'll see which format has the better hand of cards.:)

However, as someone that owns and supports both formats, Fox needs to address their pricing structure or I won't be buying many of these titles that are not "A" titles that you got to have immediately in your collection.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah, and then there are those of us who would love to support BOTH formats, but keep scratching our heads as to why Blu-ray can't come up with a strategy to help us part with our hard-earned money. Just because someone criticizes a bit of Blu-ray news doesn't make them a "HD-DVD supporter". In fact, IMO it's these stupid labels that people insist on throwing around that help perpetuate the very thing you're complaining about.

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman

Are you trying to characterize HD DVD supporters as ignorant with that "them thar HD DVDs" comment? It is usually HD DVD owners responding to the outrageous comments and prognostications coming from the rather desperate Blu-ray camp. Why do we not hear these ridiculous statements coming from the HD DVD camp? Hmmmmm.... Maybe they are confident in the ability of THEIR product to deliver what they have promised. I subscribe to the idea that silence is passive agreement. I don't agree so I choose to speak out. If you don't like it, tuff.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Agree with Edwin 100%. Maybe we could have separate sw forums for the 2 formats. It really is incredibly tedious at this point.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I keep scratching my head, wondering why, why, WHY I spent $1000 on a machine that's not supported half as well as another machine that's supported twice as much and costs half the price.

Those Fox titles aren't an 'assult', it's a Fox exec going "/shrug, what do ya think?".

This would be an assault:

Die Hard
Predator
The Day the Earth Stood Still
The Sound of Music
Alien
Aliens

THAT is an assault.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's rather tame compared to what it was 4-5 months ago and if it starts to get that way again then certain changes will have to made again in order to keep the peace.

Crawdaddy

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The same can be said of more than few "Blu-ray supporters" here at HTF. Again, IMO applying these stupid labels to people is a big part of the problem. You know, we could swap "Blu-ray supporter" and "HD-DVD supporter" with "Republican" and "Democrat" and these threads would be locked down in a skinny minute.

My question is, why let it bother you? Don't respond. If people are trying to get a rise out of you the best way to keep them at it is to let them get a rise out of you.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
You know, many of us used to be friends until this format competition. Shame that some of us are taking it so seriously. What was once a friendly forum in which we'd share our love for HT is just another HD format battleground.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks