What's new

Fox to release Episode I and II DVD bundle... (1 Viewer)

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
I may have bought this is it was
a) cheaper than buying both separately
b) widescreen.

(I don't own Ep I yet and feel no real need to buy it for more than, say, $15.)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I don't mind the fullscreen/widescreen thing (*ducking head*) as long as widescreen is available. BUT why release a two pack when Ep 3 hasn't even been released as a movie yet?

That's just plain money-grubbin' hands talking. You know there will be a prequel set released so why a Ep 1/2 pack? That's nuts!

Bob

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
We should be all over these releases as the oppurtunity to put together some marketing program through t-shirts to educate people on the merits of Widescreen.
T-shirts anyone? I'm sure there are plenty of shots in these full screen versions that can merit someone renting the DVD and creating screengrabs, and then putting these grabs onto t-shirts.
What's more, since Star Wars has such a great fan base and collectors, we can market the shirts not only to those serious about OAR, but people that love Star Wars, because they buy anything Star Wars.
:D
Matthew Furtek

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I don't own Ep I yet and feel no real need to buy it for more than, say, $15.
You could have already gotten it for that price if you look around. Heck, I bought it for 17.95 in a store. Unless you don't want it, then there's no need to ever buy it.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Well, if he's not releasing the first movies AT ALL because he wants them to be "perfect", what's the explanation for letting these come out in pan and scan?
The same reason Peter Jackson and New Line put out a P&S FOTR DVD as well as 3 different releases. The same reason Sam Raimi and Sony put out a P&S version of Spider-Man. The same reason 100 other filmmakers and studios allow P&S versions of their movies to be put out on DVD.
MONEY!!!!!!!!!

Brenton

Screenwriter
The reason that I laugh at Fox's attempts to release these films in fullscreen is because a past poll at Starwars.com indicates that 16% of people will buy the fullscreen Episode II, and I know that less will buy Episode I, considering that it's already been on widescreen DVD for almost a year and all the fans already have it.

Those Fox executives will be shocked and embarrased when the fullscreen version doesn't sell well (even when Wal Mart will have a 5:2 ratio of WS to FS).

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Perhaps the inevitable prequel collection (episodes 1-3) will be missing extras only found on the episodes 1-2 collection, thus making it less valuable as a collector's item.
I am sort of mortified by the photoshop-esque cover though. Consistancy, schmistancy!!! Make it good good for criminey's sake! :) I thought the one-sheet for AOTC was gorgeous, but instead we get these airbrushed, floating and constipated heads behind TANG-orange backdrops.
Joseph

Brenton

Screenwriter
But if they put the Struzan posters on these discs, what will they put on the ultimate collection in 2005/2006?

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
The reason that I laugh at Fox's attempts to release these films in fullscreen is because a past poll at Starwars.com indicates that 16% of people will buy the fullscreen Episode II
An internet poll is absolutely no indication as to what the public really wants. The majority of the population is either not on the internet or only goes to AOL internal information or CNN or really big sites like that.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Episode 1 and 2 will suddenly look a LOT better if you take the time to watch some classic Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers serials.

I certainly have new respect for The Phantom Menace after seeing Space Soldiers (Flash Gordon).

Brenton

Screenwriter
To this day, I've never had a problem with The Phantom Menace. Sure there are a couple of things I would have done differently if I were the director. But in my opinion, it's always been a great addition to the Star Wars Saga.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
AARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! :angry:
The Official Site posted an article about the four DVD Awards wins that the TPM disc recieved. But the image shown with the article was the forthcoming Pan & Scan disc!!!!!! I hate to tell you Lucasfilm, but that's not the disc that won the awards... it's the widescreen one:thumbsdown:
They also confirmed the TPM/AOTC fullscreen bundle in the article.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks