What's new

Fox to release Episode I and II DVD bundle... (1 Viewer)

greg_t

Screenwriter
You know it's nothing new for star wars to be in Pan and Scam. Episode 1 was released on vhs in pan and scam, as was the trilogy, on both ld and vhs. The two pack is just about sales. Instead of complaining about it, we need to be educating people. What ever came of the talk about collecting money for a widescreen ad in a magazine?

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
I wish people would stop blaming Lucas for things like this- It's hollywood, folks, deal with it.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Greg t about this, we need to educate people more about widescreen instead. Seriously, there are already over 1,5 million widescreen dvds out there, there is also the poll at TF.N that 74 % are buying the widescreen version
of AOTC DVD, clearly people are getting the idea that widescreen is better.
just my 2 cents
:emoji_thumbsup:

MichaelAW

Second Unit
Maybe if they removed or had improved the love story sequences of AOTC I would reconsider.
You do, of course, realise that if there were no love story sequences in AOTC there wouldn't be episodes IV-VI, right? No Luke, no Leia, no "I am your father," no redemption, nothing?

Right?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Well, if he's not releasing the first movies AT ALL because he wants them to be "perfect", what's the explanation for letting these come out in pan and scan? They could just stick the old pan-and-scan, time-compressed version of Star Wars on a DVD and it'd make just as much sense!

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
How long did it take before the thread crapping started? :D
Discussing the merits and failures belong in the MOVIE forum :)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
... and the OT (and TPM) is full of non-cheesy dialogue?
I understand what you're saying but I too found the love story in AOTC to be uncomfortably badly written/acted/directed, whatever it was there (IMO) certainly wasn't any chemistry between the two.
Or maybe I just found Hayden to be too stiff in a roll that required teen angst/anger.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
*hangs head in shame, then goes to edit previous post*
Don't feel too badly. The first time feels the worst. :)
I dare not say what I feel about the anti-widescreen .. er .. personal-preference-over-filmakers-wishes .. YIKES! .. No, no, I didn't say that .. uh .. the .. well .. you know ... those kinds of people lest I get another wrist slapping from Ron. ;)
:D :D :D :D :D
(Just playin' with ya, Ron! ;) )
Ah, well. Truth be told, I won't be concerned about this pan-and-scan release unless the rest of the studios follow Disney's lead and start to put their movies out in pan-and-scan only. Warner tried and failed, thanks in part to HTF efforts, but that doesn't mean that they won't try again.
I'm not quite sure what Fox's motives are for this pan-and-scan box set, but I don't think that it will go over as well as they might think. Even those that don't like widescreen but can't live without a Star Wars DVD have owned the widescreen version for almost a year.
Time will tell, I suppose.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
hate thread farting. If you don't like the movie, don't buy the DVD. If you're not interested, then don't buy it. Lucas didn't say you had to buy it.
Maybe if they removed or had improved the love story sequences of AOTC I would reconsider.
Then don't buy them. Nobody is telling you to like the movie or buy the film. Go buy something else. I'm sure there's plenty of releases coming out you will enjoy. This is a DVD discussion, not AOTC discussion. There's always AOTC official discussion to discuss your dislike of AOTC and TPM. :)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I just found the dialogue to be somewhat cheesy.
That's because Lucas cannot write dialog at all. He's never been able to. Even ep 4 had horribly written dialog, but the story is what matters.

As far as the box picture, its got to be ultra cheap for them to produce this. If its a slip case thats all they'll have to make...then just slide the 2 separate cases inside it with product they are already producing. If its a big case with 4 dvd's in it, still cheap, just a different case and combine the 2 runs together. Either way its a win/win for Fox as far as money is concerned. And you know they will sell a ton.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks