What's new

Fox to release Episode I and II DVD bundle... (1 Viewer)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Mmmm, fullscreen. Bah, er, I mean... :D
I must say, the 'Saga' billing is a bit odd given that's the general reference given to all 6 movies these days...
Dan

Brenton

Screenwriter
Even if I were a full screen person, I would rather purchase them in seperate cases.

EDIT: Unless...... is that a slip-cover with the two individual cases inside?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
And they might as well announce that they will have a 123 bundle and then a 123456 bundle after that.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Why don't you just contribute some money to the Lucas Estate, by purchasing E1 WS, E2 WS, E3 WS, Saga 2-Pack FS, Saga 3-Pack FS, and Saga 3-Pack WS.
I mean...that's what a real fan would do. :)

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
I have to admit that I'm kind of surprised that Lucas would allow full screen versions to be released. After all, these films are supposed to be his babies. He claims that he's making changes to the original trilogy in order to improve them and make them the best they can be, yet he's willing to mutilate his own cinematography by throwing away 40% of the image. Where is his artistic integrity now?

I'm going to roll over laughing in 5 years when HDTVs are commonplace and inexpensive, 4:3 is just about dead, and all of the people who whined about widescreen start whining about pillarboxing. Have fun replacing your DVD library!

Wes C

Supporting Actor
BOOO for the fullscreen only. Not to mention that its a pretty dumb idea in the first place.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
people who whined about widescreen start whining about pillarboxing
These people will never whine about that because the TV will stretch the 4:3 picture to fill the screen and they'll never notice the people are short and fat. Then again, Lucas will be able to release a few more "Saga" boxes Pan-and-Scanned for 16:9 TVs. Yuck!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
While it sucks that the boxed set is P&S only, it's probably because they figure all the widescreen fans bought the TPM disc when it first came out, and will thus pick up the seperate AOTC widescreen disc when it comes out.

Whatever people held out for a TPM release with "None of them there black bars" will be the only ones who'd get value out of such a set.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
yet he's willing to mutilate his own cinematography by throwing away 40% of the image. Where is his artistic integrity now?
Fox probably has more to do with this than Lucas. You've got the widescreen don't you. However, this is a stupid idea. Release 2 movies together, when you've got one more to go is silly. As for P&S, I don't like it either, but Fox probably got in Lucas' ear and asked to be able to put out widescreen.

Lafe F

Second Unit
I can't believe this will really come to stores. It doesn't look real. Ewww, said me. The box is missing Episodes III-VI however. Scary stuff indeed. Will there be two or four discs inside?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

WARNING

Let's be a little more professional in this forum.
I don't like the fact that we are calling people
who buy full screen product "losers".
I don't want to see this sort of post here again.
Thank You

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks