What's new

Fox: The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Fox,
I would do anything to get the complete series of The Mary Tyler Moore Show on DVD in season-by-season sets with all the episodes restored and remastered and in chronological order, with extras.
Please release it.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Seconded; of the many MTM titles that Fox acquired in their buyout of International Family Entertainment, this is one of the two I most want (the other being WKRP In Cincinnati). Fox, it's great that you're getting some of your current shows out in season-by-season packages, and I hope you'll do the same for some classic MTM titles.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'd buy it, too. I love Mary's outfits!
------------------
Rain

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
One reason I harp a bit on TV series owned by Fox is that Fox no longer does business with Columbia House (so that there's no hope of seeing Columbia House release any of these series; either Fox does it or no one). That said, I was wondering if anyone could clear this up: I was told by someone who seemed to know something -- which is not the same as actually knowing anything -- that while Fox owns MTM it doesn't have the home video rights to all the MTM shows. This person suggested, I believe, that Warners holds the video rights to Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Bob Newhart Show, while some of the dramas are held by someone else, and Fox holds the video rights to only a couple of MTM shows like WKRP In Cincinnati and maybe St. Elsewhere (which I'm told has started to appear in reruns with a Fox logo replacing the MTM kitten; unacceptable). Anyway, does anyone here know which TV shows Fox actually controls the video rights for? It would be silly, for example, to petition Fox for The Mary Tyler Moore Show if they really did give the video rights to someone else.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Some of these shows were released on VHS only in 1997-1998 by New Video. This was before the buyout.
MTM, by the way, no longer exists. News Corp. liquidated the struggling company soon after they bought IFE.
frown.gif

But I think we need to know exactly who owns the rights right now, and if it's not Fox, then Fox should buy them, because they're doing the best job with TV shows on DVD right now.
------------------
Petition to release The Mary Tyler Moore Show on DVD

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Fox definitely owns all the MTM shows thanks to the buyout of IFE (Fox International is in charge of distributing the shows in syndication). The question is whether the video distribution rights might be tied up somewhere else. I hope not.

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator
For years, I put "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" on my wish list for laser disc release and it never showed up. Strangely enough, there was a CED release of four episodes, but no lasers. I'd snatch it up on DVD in an instant, preferably in a season by season release.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Ya know this show really turns my World on with a smile.
Love this show. Want it.
I want all te crossover episodes too, like Mary visiting Rhoda and mary visiting Phyllis.
Love the outfits too.

AndrewG

Grip
I hope that if things work out with M*A*S*H that MTM and definately The Bob Newhart Show will be released. I think that the success of those shows on NICK at Night (although, Bob is not currently on) must suggest to FOX that they could work on DVD.
My $0.02
Andy
------------------

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This is one of my all-time favorite series. I have a very personal reason for watching this show regularly in TV Land. When Mary throws up her hat in the opening of the show, the woman in the behind her to our left, looks just like my mother. My mother died 23 years ago and this is a way to constantly see my mother as I remember her. It would be great to see this on DVD whenever I wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks