What's new

Fox - Thanks for the great work recently (1 Viewer)

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Peter and Fox,

Just have to say I have been very impressed with some of your more recent releases. Don't Say A Word, Joy Ride and Donnie Danko are all top notch disc. Video and Audio is excellent. The Special Features are interesting and amazing considering how some of these films did at the box office. I look forward to more and urge all members to watch these discs.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Fox does great newer release DVD's (1980 to present), but they really need to put more work into their older films.

Heidi gives the best example of why decade-old video transfers shouldn't be put on a DVD.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I'll jump in and wholeheartedly agree with you, Emil. I'm also very pleased that Fox has been releasing some of their excellent catalog titles (Say Anything, Breaking Away, Taps, Less Than Zero, The War Of The Roses, The Sandlot and so on...)

I've shown my appreciation by purchasing every single DVD mentioned in this thread so far. I'll continue to do so as long as films are released in their OAR, 16x9 enhanced and have decent transfers. Extras are always nice ("Say Anything" and "War" were real treats!)

Thanks Fox!

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I have to agree that I would thank Fox a bit more if they would start paying more attention to their pre-STAR WARS titles.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I just bought "Joy Ride" and enjoyed it. Still have to listen to the 3(!) commentary tracks on it! Since I recently stopped working at a movie theater after 10 years, I've found myself actually buying MORE movies sight-unseen than before (if I'd seen it in the theater I'd buy it if I liked it). I haven't rented a movie since laserdisc rentals were still available; I'd rather just buy my movies as long as they're priced low enough. With Bill Mechanic's threats of not too long ago, I didn't think I'd ever get to buy anything new from Fox!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks