Fox - Thanks for releasing Phantom Of The Paradise

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jean Weitzmann, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Jean Weitzmann

Jean Weitzmann Stunt Coordinator

At last, Brian de Palma's 1974 "Phantom of the Paradise" was released on DVD yesterday by Fox, in anamorphic widescreen format. (Stereo sound track)
    Hey Peter, that's way before Halloween! [​IMG]
    I haven't had a chance to get it yet, but it's at the top of my list.
    Special Features would have been nice, tho...
    Funny that there's a french dubbed audio track on the DVD, This movie has been playing in France in the same theater for at least 15 years, always in English with french subtitles...
    Must be a Canadian thing!
    Jean W

2. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Supporting Actor

I too can't wait to pick this one up. Thanks Fox! [​IMG]

3. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

Thank you for releasing Phantom of the Paradise on DVD. I've watched it twice since Tuesday. It was on my most-wanted list since the beginning of the DVD format. I do admit the trailer is a bit odd, with no narration or text.

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Yes, I much enjoyed seeing this on DVD as well. It is too bad it didn't get at least some SE treatment, but for those who haven't bought it yet, my reviewe is here .
    "Life at last! Salutations from the other side. I can see that you're the devil's pride. Can't you realise that all that you've created, something powerful you've hated is a part of you. I'm your nightmare coming true, I am your crime."
    ------------------
    Zardoz Online | Burt Lancaster is The Swimmer | dOc

5. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I would like to thank Fox for releasing Phantom of the Paradise AND The Legend of Hell House as well. They are favorites of mine and the transfers look great. I do wish you could have given these two films some cool extras besides just trailers, but no big deal I guess. Thanks again!

6. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I wished this could've been an SE (I know there's lots that could've been added onto the DVD), but I'm happy with what I got. The anamorphic transfer is amazing, especially for a film from 1974 and the stereo sound is pretty good. For $13, I'm pretty happy.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    DVD In Detail - DVD Reviewer
    My DVD Collection / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
    "I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

7. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Supporting Actor

Matthew, where'd you get it for $13?