What's new

Fox - Thanks for releasing Phantom Of The Paradise (1 Viewer)

Jean Weitzmann

Stunt Coordinator
At last, Brian de Palma's 1974 "Phantom of the Paradise" was released on DVD yesterday by Fox, in anamorphic widescreen format. (Stereo sound track)
Hey Peter, that's way before Halloween!
wink.gif

I haven't had a chance to get it yet, but it's at the top of my list.
Special Features would have been nice, tho...
Funny that there's a french dubbed audio track on the DVD, This movie has been playing in France in the same theater for at least 15 years, always in English with french subtitles...
Must be a Canadian thing!
Jean W

Lafe F

Second Unit
Thank you for releasing Phantom of the Paradise on DVD. I've watched it twice since Tuesday. It was on my most-wanted list since the beginning of the DVD format. I do admit the trailer is a bit odd, with no narration or text.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, I much enjoyed seeing this on DVD as well. It is too bad it didn't get at least some SE treatment, but for those who haven't bought it yet, my reviewe is here .
"Life at last! Salutations from the other side. I can see that you're the devil's pride. Can't you realise that all that you've created, something powerful you've hated is a part of you. I'm your nightmare coming true, I am your crime."
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I would like to thank Fox for releasing Phantom of the Paradise AND The Legend of Hell House as well. They are favorites of mine and the transfers look great. I do wish you could have given these two films some cool extras besides just trailers, but no big deal I guess. Thanks again!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I wished this could've been an SE (I know there's lots that could've been added onto the DVD), but I'm happy with what I got. The anamorphic transfer is amazing, especially for a film from 1974 and the stereo sound is pretty good. For $13, I'm pretty happy.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks