What's new

Fox - Thanks for M*A*S*H Series One (1 Viewer)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I've just finished watching the first few episodes of "M*A*S*H", on the Season One Collector's Edition.

I especially appreciate the opportunity to watch these shows without the laughter track, which is, until recently, the only way they've ever been shown here in the UK.

I had to watch a few minutes of the laugh-track version, just to remind myself how phony it sounds!

I also appreciate that each episode has a chapter mark immediately after the title sequence, enabling it to be skipped over easily (something that should be done whenever a TV series is released on DVD!)

I'm looking forward to the second season, (which, according to the leaflet inside the box, will be released in May).

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
Julian,

I am guessing that you are talking about a Region 2 release. Region 1 is available January 8, right? Anyway, I want to thank Fox for this really important series too. Bring on the rest of the seasons--all of them.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Tomoko, typically people in the UK see the discs 2-4 weeks before the US because all of the importers don't have to obey street date

They are probably Region 1 discs

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Tomoko, Jeff is quite right.

We often get Region 1 releases a week or so before their official release.

That said, this one is unusually early, perhaps because Fox's distribution chain factored in a bit of extra time to account for the Christmas holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks