What's new

Fox TERMINATOR series: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

She was the best thing about the show for me. I had that vague "maybe I've seen her before" vibe going while watching. I did see Firefly, so I saw her there, though I didn't remember it until I saw it on IMDB. I haven't seen this season of The 4400 yet, but I see she's also there.

I'm not quite sure I buy that the show will work. I'll probably watch it just because I really liked the Terminator movies (even T3), and the premise.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
That scene will live on 'cause the internet is forever!

That being said, I enjoyed the show but for the guy playing the assasin.(sp)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
teaser for this appeared during the 4 pm nfl game today.

it was a cut into the actual game(or was made to appear that way) the terminator was scanning the crowd for possible matches to sarah connors.

no matches.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Bad ass promotional poster. Fox definitely isn't keeping its hand close to its vest:
foxsarahconnorglau03yc8.jpg

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yep, which immediately sets off all sorts of alarms and sirens in my head, those trigger-happy sons o'bitches love cancelling things quick so my advice would be don't get comfy with this show. ;)

My philosophy is simple in regards to this property, if it doesn't come from the brilliant mind of James Cameron than it doesn't count or matter to me.

I akin it to them adding that ridiculous "curse of the thorn" angle to the Halloween series, they're attempting to add things to explain characters and storylines and they think they're being terribly clever and taking things in a new direction when all they're really doing is f**king things up by adding things that the original creators never intended.

If you want an insight into restrained and talented storytelling read the annotated screenplay for T2, seeing how Cameron knows what to show, what not show, what to cut and how to refine and streamline his story it only reinforces what I was saying earlier in the thread about following needless storylines when we have all the info we need already. That screenplay is single handedly responsable for influencing my opinions on this show.

In short i'm trying to look at this show the way I believe Cameron would. To me, this whole concept is nothing but one big scene that he would have most likely dumped on the cutting room floor.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
If that actress pictured above is supposed to be imposing she better hit the gym. Those stick figure arms are a joke. At least Hamilton buffed up for the role. She actually looked like she could last a little in a fight. This new one looks anorexic.

I will watch. Mainly because I like Summer Glau. But, if they try and make the mom into rambo looking like that, it will be even more unrealistic than time traveling cyborgs.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm not all that concerned about her lack of "guns", but more concerned about her lack of acting presence in this role. You need someone who is committed (as Linda Hamilton was as Sarah) in the role, but we'll see.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Fox is making the pilot episode available TONIGHT, at 8 PM CST on Yahoo!, which is in about another 15 minutes or thereabouts.

Also, a funny-as-hell AICN Talkback went up today:
Stay after the credits for a bonus scene!

INT. JAMES CAMERON'S HOUSE.

JAMES CAMERON turns to the camera.

JAMES CAMERON: "Hi kids. I'm James Cameron. I created The Terminator."

JAMES CAMERON picks up a pistol which is lying nearby, and begins to load it.

JAMES CAMERON: "I stopped myself doing this after watching Terminator 3, but I've just seen the pilot episode of The Sarah Connor Chronicles...and I can't wash away the pain."

JAMES CAMERON places pistol against head.

JAMES CAMERON: "Tell Ridley that I love him."

JAMES CAMERON pulls trigger and blows brains out.

Seriously, though, I think the show looks good. We'll see.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i like t3.

i know there are those that don't but one or the other isnt wrong, just because it isn't "yours".

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My biggest problem with T3 is that they just say that the hopeful and reasonably positive theme (There's no fate but what we make) of the first two movies is traded for "Judgment Day is inevitable". I'm not saying that people can't or shouldn't like T3 but considering how much I've seen Cameron talk about those themes, I can't believe that he was happy with them being tossed so they could make another sequel.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i know.
i've seen those discussions brought up before.
i just don't get into that way.
i just watch these movies without trying to figure it out too much.

besides they are time travel movies nothing is certain with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks