What's new

Fox Studio Classics - anyone catching them all? (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I've purchased and viewed the first six titles. While I've enjoyed, to varying degees, every film, I'm feeling hesitant on numbers seven (Love is a Many Splendored Thing) and eight (The Song of Bernadette). First of all, I never see them in stores; secondly, they don't seem to be my cup of tea.

Anyone have these titles yet? Anyone buying them all?

Here are my ratings (out of four) for the first six:

All About Eve :star: :star: :star: :star:
Gentleman's Agreement :star: :star: :star: 1/2
How Green Was My Valley :star: :star: :star: :star:
An Affair To Remember :star: :star:
The Day the Earth Stood Still :star: :star: :star: :star:
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir :star: :star: 1/2

Jon

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Well I've only picked up Day The Earth Stood Still which for me is the only one that would get multiple viewings.

I have seen the other 5 films but they just don't scream out must buy (for me).

On a side note I will be picking up Mark of Zorro in Oct & My Darling Clementine whenever it gets released. There are quite a few other Classics I'd buy from Fox but I have no idea if/when they'd be in their Studio Classics line-up.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I only have the first four and Sunrise. I hope to buy the next few soon.

So far I'm very happy with this line, but am I the only one who thinks that the menu text looks horrible? I noticed this in particular on Sunrise and All About Eve. But I guess that belongs in Software.

I haven't seen the two you mentioned either. I also don't care for romances, but these films are usually called classics for a reason. I have liked all five of the Fox Studio Classics so far (and I also love The Day The Earth Stood Still, which I haven't bought yet) so I suspect that I will enjoy the others as well.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I really want Sunrise, but so far Eve is the only one I've thought about purchasing. I'm really waiting on The Ox-Bow Incident which is the only "must buy" of the bunch for me, so when that's finally out I'll buy it, Eve and either Laura or Day The Earth Stood Still to get to 3.

I'm also waiting on My Darling Clementine, and would love to see Fox issue Nicholas Ray's Bigger Than Life.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'm buying them all as well. I've got all of them to date, except for Song of Bernadette (wasn't in stock anywhere). So far I've only watched All About Eve, The Day The Earth Stood Still and How Green Was My Valley. I had never seen these films before, and enjoyed them immensely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks