What's new

FOX STORE V-DAY PROMO: Which moulin rouge is this?? (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
http://www2.foxstore.com/valentinesday/

The price $11.98 is a good deal if it's the 2 disc.

The site shows the artwork from the 2 disc version (and the site says "special edition" and it says "special edition" when you add it to the cart)- but the list price they display ($14.98) is the one for the 1 disc edition (the two disc version lists at closer to $26 according to amazon and buy.com)

Buy and Amazon show this artwork as the 2-disc version... so did fox just screw up and put up the wrong box?

There is no email on the fox store to ask. Anyone know if this is the 2 disc or the 1?

-Vince

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i tinbk thats what vince already said.
he was wondering which one they are actually selling through that link.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
I'm betting it's the single disc, with the wrong package shot.

Keep in mind I'm simply going by the list price; I'd think that if it were the 2-disc set, they'd have something like Special Discount Price or something to that effect listed, especially for a set that retails for $27.

(Just for comparison's sake, I also checked DVD Empire, and they have the 1-disc version at $11.09.)

EDIT: In addition, the other DVD's offered for sale on that page seem to be sold at regular prices you would find at Best Buy/Circuit City, etc. I think the only savings here is the free shipping being offered. I doubt they're selling a 2-disc set at 65% off list price with free shipping.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Well, it looks like Fox put the wrong cover on their site--- they advertised the special edition when it is the single disc "widescreen edition" I'm not sure how they could put up the wrong cover and put on the wrong text description, and then fill the orders with the single disc, but I guess i should ahve known better.

After their Valentines promo they have corrected the listing to say "Moulin Rouge (Single Disc Edition)" and have the correct picture-- Of course they waited until after the big ad push to fix it.

So I have a buddy who ended up with the single disc (which by the way was completely obliterated in shipping- case nearly destroyed and disc scratched beyond playability).

I'm going to try to return it for him on the grounds they had the wrong cover on their site, and the fact that it is unplayable. However, i don't want a replacement-- hoping they'll just issue a refund.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks