What's new

FOX single disc editions....? (1 Viewer)

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
I was at Walmart today, and ran across single disc versions of Speed ($7.50), Die Hard ($9.95), and Die Hard 2 ($9.95), all anamorphic with DTS sound. I have been looking to replace my non-anamorphic copies for some time, and grabbed them. After watching Speed, I got to wondering: Is this simply the first disc of the recent 5-star version? I had not heard of a remaster, and cannot imagine why they would invest the money since the 5-star version had a great transfer to begin with (based on the reviews I have read). I have not watched either Die Hard, but the same query goes there as well. I did notice that, while Die Hard (and it's 5-star counterpart) are both THX certified, only the 2-disc version of Die Hard 2 is (the single disc release I got is not, or at least it doesn't say if it is). Are these pressed from the same masters as the double disc versions? Thanx for any insight!

David Ruiz

Second Unit
Derek,

I can not answer your question as I do not have the single disc versions of those movies you mentioned, but I do have a very similar question regarding Fox single-disc releases to the double-disc versions.

To everyone, same question that Derek asked except I want to know if there is any difference between "I, Robot," "Day After Tomorrow" & "Man On Fire" single-disc and the double-disc versions. Are the single-disc versions just disc 1 from the double-disc sets or are they different. If different, do the double-disc versions look any better than the single-disc versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks