FOX shortens LeMans coverage on SPEED

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael St. Clair, May 13, 2002.

1. Michael St. Clair

Say goodbye to 25 hours of coverage for the 24 hour race.

Say hello to 14 hours of coverage intermingled in the late night and morning with large blocks of infomercials and other (repeat and tape-delay) programming.

FOX (TV) sucks.

Edit: Ooops, I meant to post in the TV area. Probably about the same people care here though.

2. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

FOX does indeed suck. While I appreciate the continued F1 coverage and the expanded WRC coverage, the overall quality of the channel has gone way down since FOX took over. And its not just the endless NASCAR content, everything about the channel is now tacky and cheap, from the out of place V-8 graphic they keep showing during F1 and WRC to the crash-fest promos to them stooping as low as to put in fake sound effects for the WRC highlight show (do they think that we are all drooling morons ?).

Last year the flag-to-flag coverage of Le Mans was fantastic, and I watched as much of t as possible. I was planning a steak-grilling, beer-drinking, race-watching extravaganza for this year's race, but NOOOOOOO Fox has to make room for some Buick info-mercial and replay some roundy-round NASCAR race from three years ago instead.

I detest FOX (TV) and its tasteless, shameless pandering.

3. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

I have no respect for FOX, either...for the same reasons. They do racing a disservice. Also, I was unhappy in the way they behaved toward ESPN/RPM upon taking over NASCAR. Sure, FOX won/bought the rights to NASCAR, but their subsequent exclusion of ESPN to the boondocks was juvenile.