Fox series questions (2)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by dave bula, Sep 2, 2004.

1. dave bula

dave bula Stunt Coordinator

Two questions. 1. Does anyone know what releases are scheduled in the Fox Studio Classics series from January forward (following #25 How To Steal A Million)? 2. Is there another numbered Fox series? I have 2 DVD's that suggest the possibility. The 2-disc Foght Club has #9 on the spine and the new 2-disc Predator has #15 in the same place. If this is another numbered series, I'd love to know what the other releases in the series have been and will be. Could it be that some of the old silver colored 5-star Fox releases are part of this series? If so, they are not numbered. Thanks.

2. John Swarce

John Swarce Second Unit

Dave:

Welcome to the forum.

I can't answer #1, but as for #2...

If you do a search on "Fox", you will see that this very topic has been discussed before. Fox is taking some of their catalog releases (including their 5-Star line) and releasing them again in new packaging and, as you noticed, in a numbered sequence. Here is the Link to one of the pages. One of the odd things that Fox did was to number "Predator" as #15...the same as "The Commitments"! Go figure!

John

3. dave bula

dave bula Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, John, for sending me the link to the discussion about the Fox 2-disc "series". It sounds like Fox has the numbering all messed up, and that many of the entries in the series were originally released without the numbers. As it turns out, I already have most everything on the list in the earlier versions - without the numbers.

BTW, I really did try several searches before posting my questions. I tried several different things, such as Fox series, Fox Studio Classics, etc etc. None of those searches produced anything whatsoever. That seems to be what happens every time I try a search - no results. But I admit that it never occurred to me to just search "Fox" alone. I appreciate your help.