What's new

"Fox Reuniting Itself with 'Family Guy'" (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes, Bill, please, leave us be, it would be appreciated. I'm sure your a hell of a nice guy in person, but in this discussion your bumming us all out, dude.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
What about this one?

It pretty much cancels the other one out unless I can truly be accused of "thread-farting", which certainly doesn't apply in my case because I'm not making personal attacks and my posts are practically the definition of "lively debate".

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

And he speaks for everyone else, because...?

BTW, I hate brussels sprouts. Brussels sprouts are everything that is wrong with society. They taste terrible and cause farting. You can get the same nutrients from other, edible vegetables. Everyone who eats brussels sprouts is an asshole. Brussels sprouts growers only grow brussels sprouts to pander to the consumers' smug tastes in food. I make sure to tell everyone who, for some reason, likes brussels sprouts that I despise these vile orbs of disgustingness, and I do it often. John Waters called them "limp little balls of hell." Brussels sprouts are basically no different than cabbage, except they are smaller.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

You're not debating, Bill. Debating isn't simply saying, "'Family Guy' is an abomination..." over and over again. That's called repeating your opinion with no reasoning, not debate.

And besides, does every single Family Guy thread have to pit those of us who like the show against those who hate it. Could it be possible to just talk about specific episodes (ie, the one coming up tonight) rather than rehashing this "It sucks!"/"No it doesn't!" crap? It would be a lot easier if you would quit hijacking the thread.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I am not a huge fan of Family Guy. Its has its moments, but I dont really like it.

That said, this new episode was absolutely hilarious. I loved when Peter burst through the door saying, "Give me my wife or another woman of equal physical attraction!"

Great show, will definitely continue to watch! :emoji_thumbsup:

KyleC

Supporting Actor

These eps were made last year, it was fox that just started to air them now.

Anyway, This was FREAKIN hiliarious! Great episode, came back in style. :emoji_thumbsup:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That's fine. Let them post their feelings. But it's unneccessary for those feelings to be repeated everytime someone has a positive reaction to the material.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
if you HATE family guy so much, WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO WATCH IT? to be able to bitch about it on an internet forum?

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

Eh...he can keep this thread. I've created a new one. :)

Funny how he watches a show he hates just to report back here with an unfunny sarcastic remark.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I've got to chyme in on this discussion.

I like Family Guy. Its not the most safisticated show I've ever seen, its not the funniest show to ever be created, and I don't find a lot of the characters to be all that likeable. However, I still find it funny because it fills a void for me. Its funny in a way that other shows like the Simpsons and South Park are not funny, I love most of the cut-away gags on this show and think that FG does that better than anything else on TV. The Simpsons used to do it better, but not for many years.

I'll take the best Simpsons over FG, the best Futurama over FG, the Best King of the Hill over FG, but I'll take an average Family Guy episode over most anything else currently on television.

I see some flaws in this show, but it doesn't keep me from enjoying it. Even if I did hate Family Guy I wouldn't come in to a family guy thread and post over and over how much I hate it.

I don't go in to a desperate Housewives thread and bash the show because I don't care enough to spend my valuable time on it.

Bill, instead of coming in the FG thread and talking about how much you hate it, why not engage in a lively discussion in a thread about a show that you actually like?

If I didn't know better I'd think you were like one of the boys on the playground that likes a girl and to deal with this crush you treat her poorly. Again, I know that's probably not reality for you but the way you talk about this show tha tyou say you hate so much could make one wonder.

An alright episode to start the new season, reminding me of what I like and don't like about this series. I loved the opening when Peter listed off all those other shows.

As for this business model I think it will due fine. Lets say the ratings don't merit this being seen on Fox any longer and they only make it through the first 13 episodes. Well, that's 22 new episodes for Cartoon Network which if you don't think never before seen episodes of FG would give Adult Swim an even bigger boost you're living in a different world than the rest of us. Plus, 35 new episodes means probably 2 sets of DVDS that we already know will sell like hotcakes.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Politely disagreeing is stating your opinion once, then staying the hell away from the thread where the majority disagree with you. Beating the same dead horse over, and over, and over, and over again is thread farting.

It's a shame you have nothing more important in your life to spend time on than constantly making provocatively negative posts about a popular television show, then actually watching new episodes of the program you dislike so much just so you can continue to make hateful posts.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

Bill its tough to accept you're posts as opinion
when you write it as such a matter of fact.

btw i thought i would repeat your entire
paragraph when you paraphrased yourself earlier.

family guy IS funny, just not to you.

i asked before, Bill, why won't you just start your own thread to discuss why FG is so awful?

at this point you're now the guy who keeps poking his brother and saying, "does this bug you.?" over and over again.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Folks, there is an "Ignore" feature that many of you should use for the time being. Don't feed the trolls.

Bill, your posts aren't that constructive (just repetitive), and you might want to re-think your posting strategy and stop watching a show that you don't think is funny, and, for the life of me, I can't figure why you'd want to waste your time on something you don't enjoy at all. Subjecting yourself to the same show you dislike on a regular basis, and expecting a different result seems to be a terrible waste of viewer discretion and choice. Do us all a favor and go find some other threads of topics you enjoy. You've made your point here, now move on.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Great episode! :laugh: The show has indeed returned in fine form.

As for the issue with Bill, why hasn't a moderator come in to help us out here? :confused: His last remark was just uncalled for.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Well, I enjoyed the episode. It wasn't a home run, but there were some very funny bits. It seemed like this was primarily meant to be a "welcome back" episode, as it was more random than usual. But I'm definitely looking forward to more. :)

And Adam was right, the teaser was hilarious.

"If all those shows go down the tubes, we might have a chance."

I also loved Stewie's reaction at the line...

"...it's turned his life upside down face."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks